Readers choice awards: Verizon's best Android phone

What is the best Android phone on Verizon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey! Where's the Droid Pro!?! It has my vote (which the device is placing right now, but I don't see any true conflict of interest here). Eventually I'll want a replacement, and I definitely do not want a slideout keyboard, or worse yet no physical keyboard. Please don't send me back to BlackBerry! I'm still recovering from that experience. :confused:
Amen on the Droid Pro. The Pro is the little Android phone that seems to get overlooked by this community. Yes, it got off to a rocky start but that was the fault of the "rocket scientist" that didn't have enough foresight to realize that if you advertise it as a business phone (ie blackberry killer) then it better do exchange email sync just as well as a blackberry. Well it didn't, but that has been finally fixed...at the expense of the phone's reputation in the business community.

The Pro is great...fast, global, GB now and is as reliable a phone as any other Droid. I love it and hope Moto comes out with a Pro 2...little bigger screen and keyboard, dual processor, 4g, and better screen resolution...then it would be blackberry killer.

romma

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Incredible2 gets my vote. Mainly because it went swimming and still works perfectly. The phone feels really solid and is pretty fast across all functions. Did I mention it can swim? :cool: It may not be dual core or have the best specs, but its one hell of a phone.

Good to know... I hope I never drop it in the toilet like my OD, but if I do, hopefully it will work still..

jimmyk0789

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt is the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous 3G data and voice. LTE is great when you can get it.

I also choose the thunderbolt because of that and because the can be rooted easily, its fast, its sexy and the dev support behind it.. I know it has a small battery and there are problems with it but my thunderbolt can take everything I throw at it

BryanS

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was actually looking at this pole to figure out which device I might want on vzw. I've been an Android user on AT&T (Atrix and N1) and on Sprint (Evo and NS4G) but vzw has the best coverage in my area.

I've liked my Evo so the Thunderbolt was tempting but I'm concerned about battery life. I LOVE the screen on the NS4G so the Charge was appealing as well but I really prefer the size of the NS4G and Atrix so something that size would be my ideal phone - the Charge and Thunderbolt are big.

I hate motoblur but thought the Atrix build quality was great. I don't want a physical keyboard. This made me wonder about the Bionice but I'm still plagued with that oversized device concern.

I wish vzw would make the ideal handset for me..... dual core cpu, LTE, lots of ram, super amoled screen @ 4", good build quality, and with a UI that I like (sense or vanilla), or at least an unlocked boot loader so I could load what I want. Oh, and good call quality is a plus I suppose :)

Anyway, I don't know that I find this poll much use when I see things like the dinc leading vs the dinc2 and the droid x ahead of the x2. I don't get how these would truly be "verizon's best android phone" when the new versions have improved on the original, at least to my knowledge..... it looks more like people just vote for what they use instead of what is really the best.

I'm not muddying the waters and haven't actually used any of these but my ininformed vote would go to the Charge.... love those samsung displays

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I wish vzw would make the ideal handset for me..... dual core cpu, LTE, lots of ram, super amoled screen @ 4", good build quality, and with a UI that I like (sense or vanilla), or at least an unlocked boot loader so I could load what I want. Oh, and good call quality is a plus I suppose :)
Nexus Prime, Q4 '11

Bigger screen though.

1gridlok2

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Poll is bias cause you cant buy,try or play with the bionic to form a opinion. right now Tbolt cuz 4g and speed,next the baby Tbolt, the Incred 2 same phone just smaller and no 4g. I have both. just my 2cents.:D

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to post this. 191 people think the Bionic is the best phone when they've never used it. :confused:

Optimism? See, if the GS2 was up there people could vote on it while actually having real GS2's on the market in Europe and Canada... the Bionic exists no where as of yet.

sher_zx6r

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I think most of us are not qualified to judge. How many of us have used all these devices enough to form an intelligent opinion? I love my Dinc2. It's the phone I picked after a lot of research, but I have no way knowing what using other devices for an extended period of time is like. And playing with a bunch of phones in the store doesn't count imo.
Very Well Said...I'm a Converteted BB User, Still Waiting For My X2 To Arrive.
SHER:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood