1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question from a beginner

So, did my training, loaded up with XM from my local area. In scanning I see that there is a resitance portal next town over with only 7 resonators (between L$ and L8). so, i drive over there and drop a resonator (I am still only a level 1 player) and it said drop successful. Drive home expecting to see the new resonator I dropped show up on the intel may for that portal but it does not show up.

What did i do wrong?

Spikeman

Default Re: Question from a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerfarm View Post
    So, did my training, loaded up with XM from my local area. In scanning I see that there is a resitance portal next town over with only 7 resonators (between L$ and L8). so, i drive over there and drop a resonator (I am still only a level 1 player) and it said drop successful. Drive home expecting to see the new resonator I dropped show up on the intel may for that portal but it does not show up.

What did i do wrong?

Spikeman
    Did you just drop it or deploy it? Dropping doesn't give you any points. Deploying does. It will take a lot more points than deploying just 1 resonator to level up. In the upper left of the screen, you will see an Octagon around your level. As you earn points, you will see that start to fill up. Once you fill it up, you will level up and it will be empty again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I have actually realized that since my last post and have been able to deploy resonators successfully. Another question i have now is about the scanner view. As you level up does the scanner view cover a larger area? As a level 1 (and now 2) player i only see a very local map in the scanner view but on some posts of people's scanners i see then displaying large city areas.

Let me know..... And thanks again for the answer, I thought that, perhaps, no one was reading this forum anymore

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerfarm View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have actually realized that since my last post and have been able to deploy resonators successfully. Another question i have now is about the scanner view. As you level up does the scanner view cover a larger area? As a level 1 (and now 2) player i only see a very local map in the scanner view but on some posts of people's scanners i see then displaying large city areas.

Let me know..... And thanks again for the answer, I thought that, perhaps, no one was reading this forum anymore
    You can only get a local view. You can zoom in and out a little, but nothing for a citywide view. I believe they are using different apps to see what you're seeing. You can also go to and see a much greater view.