Possible S-Off

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Breaking News via Twitter:

From @dmeadows013

Big news. @Evil_DevNull has cracked the #Rezound's bootloader. S-OFF here we go!

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I think that dev has given up and posted it as a think tank item, looking for any and all input. It appears that in order to do it the sim card will need to be involved which he's burnt out several sims in the process.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that dev has given up and posted it as a think tank item, looking for any and all input. It appears that in order to do it the sim card will need to be involved which he's burnt out several sims in the process.

Currently, they have Perm Root, but no S-Off yet. He tweeted that they are taking the process off of Twitter and/or and Message boards, so we will not be getting updated any more. The last tweet was:
ONLY update for you guys to think about, the exploit we are trying, exploits the sim card chip. Reason for burn ups. We have spares.

They burnt 2 of 9 SIM chips so far according to a tweet I saw.

I'm not giving anyone positive, negative or false hope, this is all we know from previous tweets.

xRogerxC

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
What's perm root but no s off? I thought they were mutually inclusive?

Yeah, the dev in question has not provided proof of anything yet. I'm not trying to be negative, but until a method for S-off and root is published, it doesn't exist.

Sent via my HTC Rezound 4G LTE phone :)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android. What exactly is s-off. Obviously part of rooting, which I understand, but how is s-off different?

S-On = Security On
S-Off = Security Off

It's literally that simple, but the abbreviation makes it seem more complicated than it is.
Basically, it's the lock they have on the bootloader. Our goal as a community, with all credit going to the devs at work, is to acheive S-Off. By unlocking the phone, we can then flash custom ROMs and undervolted kernels. This way, we can receive Ice Cream Sandwich faster, and undervolted kernels can save us battery power at an even greater rate.
Needless to say, it's important to us.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, this threads a month old and all the promise it began w/ is vacant, curse you Verizon. I love ya, but your policies are like floatin terds that just swirl but never go down when ya flush. Open source dev. and it's fans under Big Reds contract deserve a chance to be heard, not served a plate of tough cookies and shut out. I shouldn't rant here about it but Lord knows it sure won't be heard by the suits making the policies. So I just needed to stomp my feet like a 3yr old for a minute. I'm good now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member