[ROM] - 1/28 - CleanROM GBE 1.6 - Base: OTA 2.01.605.11

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 1/7 - CleanROM 1.3 - Performance Tuned!

Did you try a data/cache wipe before upgrading? Also 1.4 is out, maybe give that whirl instead.

While I'm here..Scott, are the two packages for the 4g hotspot in the "files removed from /system/app" zip file on your site? Someone I'm trying to help wants to run CleanRom but they actually pay VZW for the hotspot.

Wierd boot loop... Hmmm...

The HotSpot is still in the ROM. I pay for it too and use it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Wierd boot loop... Hmmm...

The HotSpot is still in the ROM. I pay for it too and use it.

Good deal. Thanks brother. One of these years I'm going to stop being lazy and do a whole Linux/Mac HTC SuperTool port. It will make my life so much easier....or I should just stop volunteering to help lol...like that will happen.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Was using ziggy's kernal, loved the overclocking, hated all the resets and boot looping. So I went back to stock kernal. Do I need to go back and flash your boot.img? I'm running 1.4. Also, just for my own future reference, is there a way to tell if your boot.img is the actual one I have flashed?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Was using ziggy's kernal, loved the overclocking, hated all the resets and boot looping. So I went back to stock kernal. Do I need to go back and flash your boot.img? I'm running 1.4. Also, just for my own future reference, is there a way to tell if your boot.img is the actual one I have flashed?

Yes, flash boot.img.

Yes, check the kernel version in settings.

Reactions: twolastnames

G671

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Need Help.. Ok, I successfully did everything.. unlocked phone, put CleanRom 1.4 on root of SD card, installed recovery img, made backup, wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache/dalvik cache, etc.. but, when I returned to "Install Zip from SD card", I can no longer find it (confirmed it was there through Astro File manager before starting all this)..

What can I do now? I'm still on the recovery screen. Don't want to do anything without asking first.

tehsquishmeister

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Well, there's probably an easier way, but this "will" work.

Download and extract this:

CleanFLASH 1.0 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

Inside of that extracted dir, there is adb.exe and some .dlls. Rename CleanROM 1.4 zip to PH98IMG.zip (not sure if it matters, just do it) and put it in the same directory as adb.exe.

Plug in your phone, charge only, USB debugging. Go to the recovery menu and go to mount. Mount /sdcard

Go to a CMD prompt and cd to the directory you extracted adb.exe and the dlls to from the Cleantools zip.

type:

adb push PH98IMG.zip /sdcard/

It will say killing and/or starting server and just sit at a prompt for a bit. It takes a while, the file is pretty big.

When the prompt returns, go to install from zip.

Actually, you might want to just mount the sdcard and see if your file is sitting there. if not, then just copy it again following the above.

This is all from memory, but that should be fairly accurate.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I wouldnt do that. Your gonna boot loop him if he follows those instructions.

Here is what I posted when he asked on XDA as well:

Need Help.. Ok, I successfully did everything.. unlocked phone, put CleanRom 1.4 on root of SD card, installed recovery img, made backup, wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache/dalvik cache, etc.. but, when I returned to "Install Zip from SD card", I can no longer find it (confirmed it was there through Astro File manager before starting all this)..

What can I do now? I'm still on the recovery screen. Don't want to do anything without asking first.

Did you accidentally format the SD Card when you did all that wiping?

I would just toggle USB storage mode from recovery and then copy it back over then try to flash it again.

G671

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Too late! I tried recovery/backup file last night. Everything is intact, and seemed fine overnight. But, today, I'm stuck in boot loop. How do I fix boot loop?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Too late! I tried recovery/backup file last night. Everything is intact, and seemed fine overnight. But, today, I'm stuck in boot loop. How do I fix boot loop?

Network bootloops...covered to a fault here:
**Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE* - xda-developers

Two of the easy ones. Boot without battery cover. Boot without battery cover, or Sim.

G671

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Great, thanks! I'll try when I get home from work and report back tonight (as you can probably guess, my battery has LONG since died this morning) LOL

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Odd (and sorry). I've flashed my phone twice using that method (1.3 and 1.4) and it worked fine for me. It's from here:

[GUIDE] Super-noob guide to unlocking, rooting, and flashing Ziggys kernel - xda-developers

Which part creates the boot loop? (I'd like to know for my own knowledge).

Rename CleanROM 1.4 zip to PH98IMG.zip

Well.. Let me explain... I dont mean boot loop like he says he has... What I meant was that you should not rename the file to phxxx.zip because hboot will try to read it over and over if you do an hboot reboot. That specific file name is reserved for IMG style upgrades only.

It wont actually cause a boot loop for ROM booting but you will just never be able to get into recovery form hboot and you will go insane trying, lol

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 1/12 - CleanROM 1.5 - Battery like no other... Perfor

CleanROM 1.5 is here!

Its important to read the Special Notes in post #2!

CleanROM_rez.jpg

cr1.4-rez.png

Changes in Version 1.5 - 1/12/2012
REQUIRES: A FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET!
Revamped: Tweaks for file system performance and battery efficiency.
Added: HTC Keyboard with arrows by lllboredlll
Updated: Google Search 1.3.3.247963
Updated: Google Maps 6.1.0
Updated: Animated Sync Icon (Thanks NilsP)
Moved: WiFi Tether and Polaris Office to SD card in CleanROM folder (Install them using ES file Explorer. I cant stand looking at those icons.)
Removed: More Bloat - Verizon Bloat Services to SD Card in flashable zip format(Needed for NFL Mobile, etc. Must flash right after ROM flash!)
Removed: Redundant "All Settings" in Quick Settings

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

Reactions: parasharkk