[ROM] - 1/28 - CleanROM GBE 1.6 - Base: OTA 2.01.605.11

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
CR.png

About CleanROM
CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM with minor features and enhancements! This is not a themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 1/28/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon OTA 2.01.605.11.

If you liked CleanTOOL you are going to LOVE CleanROM!

You must read notes in post #2 before flashing!

CleanROM_rez.jpg

CR1.5.1-Rez.png

Features
Removed VZW Bloat
Performance and Battery Tweaks
Swype
ES File Explorer
WiFi Tether and VZW Hotspot
Battery Icon with Percent
4-in-1 Power Menu
Extended Quick Settings
No Location Icon

Removed
Adobe Reader, Block Buster, NFL, Golf, Kindle, Slacker, Polaris Office, App Sharing, FaceBook, Flicker, NFS, MY Verizon, VCast Music, VCast Video, Video Surf, VZ Nav, Back Up Assistance, Scan, Twitter, Footprints, Mobile Instant Messenger, Tasks, Watch, Printer

Changes in Version 1.6 - 1/28/2012
Rebuilt: OTA Update 2.01.605.11
Added: All Social Networking and VZW Frameworks for easy integration and one less step to deal with
Updated: All apps
Updated: Mainver to 2.01.605.11
Changed: ROM now will reboot to fastboot to auto install kernel. Remember this method will change mainver.
Removed: Ad blocking host file for now

Thanks to
dsixda, lllboredlll, erishasnobattery, NilsP, mikeyxda, lrod0175, fernando sor

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 12/28 - CleanROM 1.0 - Rule Your Phone NOW!

Special Notes
Flashing the boot.img using the automatic method will change your mainver to the latest release from VZW. If you don't know what this means then you need to ask before flashing!

To Use WiFi Tether you must first turn on MSS Clamping and Routing Fix in settings of the app. You cannot connected devices that will not use an ad-hoc connection. If its that important maybe its time to pay for hotspot.

Prerequisites:
Must Be HTCDev Unlocked
Must have a custom recovery installed

Instructions to flash:
Place ROM on SD Card
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data / Factory Reset
Install ROM. When ROM is finished it will reboot to hboot to auto install kernel. WHen you get to hboot press power to install.
Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!

Change Log:

Removed Apps:
All apps that were removed can be downloaded in one zip file on my site in the downloads section.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

User Contributions:

Spinning sync icon by fernando sor: Adds spinning sync icon when apps are syncing.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20851650&postcount=130

Bravo Theme V2-Raider Modz -Clean ROM: Complete Red and Black Theme
http://www.scottsroms.com/showthread.php?449-Bravo-Theme-V2-Raider-Modz-Clean-ROM

Transparent notification pulldown mod with extra quick settings by fernando sor (clear pull down) and chingy51o (extended quick settings)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20918876&postcount=221

Last edited:

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Good, I have the premium license for CWM from my DX days. Would make things easier (as if your tool doesn't already make it absurdly easy anyway)

Reactions: scrosler

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

I just want to make sure I have everything straight before I do this. I need to unlock the bootloader per the HTC site and then install Clockwork Recovery, right?? I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by "have a custom recovery installed".

Should I make a backup with TB before I do any of this as well in case I run into any issues??

Plus I used Cleantool. Should I reinstall everything before I unlock the bootloader?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I just want to make sure I have everything straight before I do this. I need to unlock the bootloader per the HTC site and then install Clockwork Recovery, right?? I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by "have a custom recovery installed".

Should I make a backup with TB before I do any of this as well in case I run into any issues??

Plus I used Cleantool. Should I reinstall everything before I unlock the bootloader?

Step 1: Unlock via HTCDev site
Step 2: Install Custom Recovery (Clockwork or amonra)
Step 3: Make a nandroid back up via your custom recovery. Follow the steps for that particular recovery, it is a pretty straight forward process.
Step 4: *Optional* Back up your apps via TB.

You should not need to "undo" the CleanTool to do the HTC unlock.

After all of that fun stuff follow the directions in the OP to flash CleanROM.
Don't forget to wipe cache/dalvic cache and do a factory reset via your recovery prior to flashing the ROM.

Reactions: scrosler

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!! I figured as much but wanted to make sure. The main reason I wanted to install CleanROM was to maybe get a bit more juice by removing the bloatware apps vs disabling them.

I already have Clockwork and TB from back in the day when I had a DX.

Ill give this a shot tomorrow!!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 12/30 - CleanROM 1.1 Beta - Testers Needed!

CleanROM 1.1 is now available!

I think I have resolved the random freeze. I need your help to confirm. Please download and give it a shot.

Changes in this Version:
Fixed: Random Freezing? Please report what you see!
Added: FlashLight
Added: Quick Boot
Added: Fast Reboot
Added: Polaris Office
Note: All added apps are removable
Removed: Footprints
Removed: Stocks

Reactions: theRalph

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Been running 1.1 for about an hour. On 1.0 I got freezing within 3 minutes. Looks like it is fixed! Awesome work!

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

I just had a few FC's with 1.0 but nothing major. I'll try 1.1 too. Do I need to go through and wipe cache and factory reset since I already have 1.0 installed?? Wasn't sure if I could just flash right over or not.

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I think you can flash it right over (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but I always like to reset & wipe cache just in case.

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Cool. I just installed over 1.0. I haven't used my phone at all since I installed 1.0 so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Will report any issues!!

Gregory Ryan

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Alright, I've been running 1.1 all morning. No freezes that were immediately apparent with 1.0. Love your work. This is my first Android that I've truly hacked around with, and I'm glad my first experience has been so positive. I was a little lost at first with all the new language, but now that I'm up and running I'm a lot more comfortable. Look forward to more support. Question though, what will you as a developer be able to accomplish once S-off is achieved? Part of all that lingo I haven't quite got a full handle on yet. Thanks again.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Been running 1.1 for about an hour. On 1.0 I got freezing within 3 minutes. Looks like it is fixed! Awesome work!

Thats what everyone is saying! I feel relieved!

I just had a few FC's with 1.0 but nothing major. I'll try 1.1 too. Do I need to go through and wipe cache and factory reset since I already have 1.0 installed?? Wasn't sure if I could just flash right over or not.

Honestly I would. Version 1.0 had a few bugs that I had to iron out. A fresh install is highly encouraged. I would hate to see the bugs carry over.

I think you can flash it right over (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but I always like to reset & wipe cache just in case.

See above

Alright, I've been running 1.1 all morning. No freezes that were immediately apparent with 1.0. Love your work. This is my first Android that I've truly hacked around with, and I'm glad my first experience has been so positive. I was a little lost at first with all the new language, but now that I'm up and running I'm a lot more comfortable. Look forward to more support. Question though, what will you as a developer be able to accomplish once S-off is achieved? Part of all that lingo I haven't quite got a full handle on yet. Thanks again.

Between S-OFF and unlocked bootloader? Nothing.

S-OFF is irrelevant when you have an unlocked bootloader. The flashing processes is just differnet. Its easier to flash with S-OFF. But there is nothing more from *my* standpoint as ROM Builder that I can capitalize on with S-OFF. AS far as end user... Maybe if you wanted to swap radios around or something but even then... Not really useful.

Thanks for all the feedback!

-Scott

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Please escuse my lack of knowledge but

What I would like to see is ways to tweak the current sense theme too allow things like numbers in the battery indicator and five across instead of only four for the most part I'm enjoying the sense 3.5 theme would this be possible?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Please escuse my lack of knowledge but

What I would like to see is ways to tweak the current sense theme too allow things like numbers in the battery indicator and five across instead of only four for the most part I'm enjoying the sense 3.5 theme would this be possible?

Actually what you are asking for is really easy. And add ons like that will be coming very soon. But for now, I am new to 3.5 so I am stillearning them.

If you want a specific battery, look here: UOT Kitchen

Its what I use for all my battery mods.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 12/30 - CleanROM 1.1 - Stable!

In the instructions in the OP, it says "Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!" Does this mean if we back up our apps using Titanium Backup, that we should not restore these apps using TB? I have TB, but have never really used it for backing up and restoring, so not entirely 100% if this is what I would use it for, but would like to keep settings, progress made in certain apps, games (if possible).

Can't wait to try this out this ROM as this is exactly what I'm looking for, but want to make sure I have everything lined up and understood so all goes well. Thanks!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 12/30 - CleanROM 1.1 - Stable!

In the instructions in the OP, it says "Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!" Does this mean if we back up our apps using Titanium Backup, that we should not restore these apps using TB? I have TB, but have never really used it for backing up and restoring, so not entirely 100% if this is what I would use it for, but would like to keep settings, progress made in certain apps, games (if possible).

Can't wait to try this out this ROM as this is exactly what I'm looking for, but want to make sure I have everything lined up and understood so all goes well. Thanks!

Some people do almost complete system back ups with TI B. Thats bad. They just restore everything regardless of versions, etc. If your backing up some games, thats fine. If your back up anything at all related to the system I highly discourage you from doing that.

IN the end some people never ever have an issue with TI Backup. Some people it causes nothing but constant problems. I have spent so many wasted hours troubleshooting "ghost bugs" because people restored system data from TI Back up. Therefore I cannot, in good conscious, recommend its use.