[ROM] - 1/28 - CleanROM GBE 1.6 - Base: OTA 2.01.605.11

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Ah HA!

thank you to everyone that has helped me through this...

now to find the bloody download since it's not showing

Make sure you have it on your SD card and not HTC Storage (the internal sd card.)
Also, make sure it's at the root of the card and not in a folder. The easiest way to do it is to download Astro file manager, look for your file, and move it all the way into the "/" category.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you

how do i open the zip file it states that it's invalid. the exe of course wants to install the rom Do i have to open this on my phone?

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I need the verizon backup assistant back where do I find it

Finding a compatible APK is gonna be a problem, unless someone around here has it on hand, which I doubt.
So here's what you should do;
1.) Log into the Verizon website and go to the Backup Assistant section
2.) Save all of your contacts to your computer
3.) Log into Gmail/Google account and import your contacts from Backup Assistant
4.) Sync your Gmail to your phone.

Reactions: majorpayne

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Finding a compatible APK is gonna be a problem, unless someone around here has it on hand, which I doubt.
So here's what you should do;
1.) Log into the Verizon website and go to the Backup Assistant section
2.) Save all of your contacts to your computer
3.) Log into Gmail/Google account and import your contacts from Backup Assistant
4.) Sync your Gmail to your phone.

Hope that doesn't screw up my wifes contacts lol as we use the same gmail account on our phones.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm jumping ship to this ROM, but can someone clear something up for me real quick?
On XDA, one of Scott's posts on the SenseLess thread says that CleanROM has the stock mainver. But on the first post of this thread, it says that the mainver will update. I realize this is because of the OTA.
The real question is, will this mainver change screw me over if I decide to go to an ICS ROM, or will the screwing over only occur when I go from ICS back to GB?

woodyt74

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been running this for a few weeks and the only problems I've had are an occasional short term loss of mobile data and screen freeze. Can be irritating but infrequent enough to be livable and I'm enjoying the ROM overall.

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Are people in that thread referring to those who actually updated the firmware, or the CleanRom update that included 2.0.xxxxx environment implemented by the ROM? Seems ambiguous. My phone has't had any problems.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Are people in that thread referring to those who actually updated the firmware, or the CleanRom update that included 2.0.xxxxx environment implemented by the ROM? Seems ambiguous. My phone has't had any problems.

I'm talking about 1.6.5, which has the OTA. I'm not sure how one would go about rolling back the radios, but I'm sure it wouldn't even be worth Scott's effort.

Also, thanks for the input, guys.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Unless the RUU has the radio in it(which I think it does) that's the only method we have to mess with the radio. Problem with that is that you have to hex edit the mainver on your phone to run the old RUU if you have the OTA

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Unless the RUU has the radio in it(which I think it does) that's the only method we have to mess with the radio. Problem with that is that you have to hex edit the mainver on your phone to run the old RUU if you have the OTA

Thanks for explaining it to me. It sounds like more of a pain the ass than what it's worth. The problem with the OTA wasn't the radios, it's the extra crap bundled with it that ruined it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for explaining it to me. It sounds like more of a pain the ass than what it's worth. The problem with the OTA wasn't the radios, it's the extra crap bundled with it that ruined it.

Meh that's why you root and disable/delete them. But then again I'm on ICS and not coming back until I get an official release.

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Settings --> Power Should Fast boot be checked?

Settings --> Applications Should Auto launch task manager after device startup be checked?

If these were addressed somewhere I have completely missed them. Thanks in advance.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Fastboot does not let the phone shut down completely, rather it puts the phone in sleep mode or hibernation. If you have to do a reboot you won't be able to because it never fully shuts down. I keep mine unchecked because I prefer a full power down when I turn my phone off.

I have mine set to auto launch task manager and haven't noticed any ill effects.

Reactions: Jimbo57