[ROM] - 1/28 - CleanROM GBE 1.6 - Base: OTA 2.01.605.11

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you did not install the kernel when it booted to hboot.

Reboot to hboot and flash the boot.img when prompted. THis is of course assuming you still have the PH98IMG.zip on your SD card.

-Scott

I never had it in the first place. I didn't realize it was required. I got the recovery file directly from the Clockwordmod website for the Rezound.

I thought the process required a recovery utility installed (Amon, Clockwork, whatever) and from there selecting which ROM to install. I've tried to reboot into HBOOT, but I'm not being prompted to install the kernel.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I never had it in the first place. I didn't realize it was required. I got the recovery file directly from the Clockwordmod website for the Rezound.

I thought the process required a recovery utility installed (Amon, Clockwork, whatever) and from there selecting which ROM to install. I've tried to reboot into HBOOT, but I'm not being prompted to install the kernel.

Ok, do this...

Re flash the ROM. When you do it should reboot into hboot and then you have to press power. When you press power it will then ask you to update boot.img. Select yes then reboot when done. That should finish it.

spaceboyusa

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright...all is good and stable. Love the bloat being gone, and the little goodies in the ROM. I also loaded Titanium Backup and now have all of my apps backed up so I don't have to reload form scratch whenever I hit maximum stupidity...=).

My final two questions of the early morning are this:
1. It appears that we can't replace the boot animation with a custom one, as per the XDA forum, correct?
2. Is there anyway to replace the stock launcher pad (All Apps, Phone, Personalize) without having to load a full-blown launcher like GO or ADW? I love the speed of this ROM but really want a 5x5 (or anything close to it) layout without having to layer on a GO.

QuistisTrepe

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, do this...

Re flash the ROM. When you do it should reboot into hboot and then you have to press power. When you press power it will then ask you to update boot.img. Select yes then reboot when done. That should finish it.
I know how to access HBOOT, the problem is that I'm not getting the prompt to install the kernel. So two questions come to mind. Do I need to unzip the file for the img to be recognized? Does the zip file need to be stored on the external sd card?

Also, I should elaborate that I did flash via Clockwork again. Then I installed CleanRom 1.6.5, it went through just fine, but when HBOOT came up, there was no prompt for me to install the boot.img. What do you think I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally figured it out. Sorry for the noobishness. I'm still learning my way around the Android modding scene. But I figured if I can build a hackintosh, I can pull this off. Oh, look my phone rebooted and it's hooking into my home network now. Thank you for your work Scott.

Last edited:

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Anything special I need to know about installing this before hand and are there any issues like things not working right etc?

Also since in Post #2 it states that if you dont know what mainver is you should ask...

spaceboyusa

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Nope...just follow the directions in the OP, and all will be good. I'm a total noob and was able to unlock, root and install CleanROM pretty much hassle-free. I'm only on day 2 but I've hammered the phone pretty good (50 apps installed, two custom launchers, etc.), and so far it's rock solid.

As for mainver, the main point is that if you haven't OTA'd yet, the newest ROM is based on the OTA so if you go to update, you may run into issues and/or need to do something else install-wise to ensure success. If you've updated with the OTA, then all will be fine following the instructions in the OP.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
installed it and its working well.
one question i thought this rom had the arrows on the keyboard like older sense versions, was that removed?
any way to get it back on, i really liked those.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope...just follow the directions in the OP, and all will be good. I'm a total noob and was able to unlock, root and install CleanROM pretty much hassle-free. I'm only on day 2 but I've hammered the phone pretty good (50 apps installed, two custom launchers, etc.), and so far it's rock solid.

As for mainver, the main point is that if you haven't OTA'd yet, the newest ROM is based on the OTA so if you go to update, you may run into issues and/or need to do something else install-wise to ensure success. If you've updated with the OTA, then all will be fine following the instructions in the OP.

So would it be best to unbloat and then install the update, unlock bootloader, root then install the ROM?

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
This is the first ROM I have flashed and the installation was flawless. Thanks for the great hand-holding instructions!

I want to remove the rest of what I consider to be bloat such as facebook, blockbuster, nfl, videosurf, etc. Would you recommend using CleanTool as a followup after this flash (skipping the temp root part of course) or use Titanium Pro to freeze the apps that I don't want?

Thanks again.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the first ROM I have flashed and the installation was flawless. Thanks for the great hand-holding instructions!

I want to remove the rest of what I consider to be bloat such as facebook, blockbuster, nfl, videosurf, etc. Would you recommend using CleanTool as a followup after this flash (skipping the temp root part of course) or use Titanium Pro to freeze the apps that I don't want?

Thanks again.

I could be wrong here but those apps should have already been removed unless you reflashed the zip that contains all the stuff he removed.

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong here but those apps should have already been removed unless you reflashed the zip that contains all the stuff he removed.

If I understand Post #2 correctly, the VZW framework and social networking bloat was added back for those that wanted those apps. I want to get rid of them entirely. Thanks.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Get Titainum Backup (free in the Market), go into the app, find the apps you want to get rid of and delete them. You should make a backup first in case you change your mind later. If you delete them without the backup there will be no way to get them back without the .apk's or without re-flashing the ROM again.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed over to this this morning and so far I'm digging it. One thing, where is the Stocks widget? I got the app back from a Titanium restore but not the widget. I know I'm probably in the minority here but I kinda like the full screen stock widget.

Jimbo57

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a license for Titanium Pro from my Droid 2 days so I went with that. For now I have just frozen the bloat I don't want or at least I think I don't want until I am sure.

As to the Stock widget, I don't remember seeing it when I went over the list picking apps to freeze. I looked in my app drawer and it is not there. It must have been removed by Scott in the GBE Rom. That's my official guess!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
this is wierd...

So I go into recovery mode and then I go to wipe data/factory reset and use the power button to select and it goes to a screen with the hat and the orange circle but doesn't do anything if i hit the power button again it goes back the othe menu system.. what am i doing wrong?
clockwork recovery version is 5.8.1.4

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
this is wierd...

So I go into recovery mode and then I go to wipe data/factory reset and use the power button to select and it goes to a screen with the hat and the orange circle but doesn't do anything if i hit the power button again it goes back the othe menu system.. what am i doing wrong?
clockwork recovery version is 5.8.1.4

For Clockworkmod, the Home button acts as our "Enter" button on the Rezound. Don't use the power button to select an option.

Reactions: majorpayne