-----------------------------------------

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Current List of ROMs and Kernels for the Rezound

could we get a brief synopsis of each of those for us noobs

Most of the ROMs that are available now "suffer" from 2 basic problems (in my opinion):
1.) They're just de-bloated versions of the stock ROM, sometimes with very minor tweaks
2.) They're early versions with medium-minor level bugs

If you're a ROM noob, wait for the more experienced to deal with the ROMs, report bugs, improve, tweak, fix, and eliminate bugs. Then have a go at it. Or wait for ICS, even.
Honestly, it's fun going through what the dev's put out for your phone, but your best bet is to wait it out a bit longer if you're unfamiliar with the process.

randpost

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

could we get a brief synopsis of each of those for us noobs

I rather leave the explanation of each rom and description to the developers who made them. These are just links to the threads were these roms are being provided. Purely for convenience sake.

Most of the ROMs that are available now "suffer" from 2 basic problems (in my opinion):
1.) They're just de-bloated versions of the stock ROM, sometimes with very minor tweaks

If you're a ROM noob, wait for the more experienced to deal with the ROMs, report bugs, improve, tweak, fix, and eliminate bugs. Then have a go at it. Or wait for ICS, even.
Honestly, it's fun going through what the dev's put out for your phone, but your best bet is to wait it out a bit longer if you're unfamiliar with the process.

I personally like flashing everything that comes out for my phone, but it's not for everyone, especially for some early releases. This thread is just to help people like me get to the goods quicker.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Hahaha... Your funny dude... You remind me of that one guy that always says...

"Do you think I should wait and get the Pentium XXX instead of buying what is out now?" And to that person I always answer... "Well, Why not wait for the Pentium XXXXXX?"

See my point?

If you want to flash A ROM dont wait, just do it. If you dont like it flash back to stock.

But I got a kick out of your post! Just brought back funny memories, lol

BTW: CleanROM 1.2 has not a bug to be found (yet)... Now version 1.0... to your point... was buggy! But how did I find that out? Feedback from early adopters!

-Scott

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Hahaha... Your funny dude... You remind me of that one guy that always says...

"Do you think I should wait and get the Pentium XXX instead of buying what is out now?" And to that person I always answer... "Well, Why not wait for the Pentium XXXXXX?"

See my point?

If you want to flash A ROM dont wait, just do it. If you dont like it flash back to stock.

But I got a kick out of your post! Just brought back funny memories, lol

BTW: CleanROM 1.2 has not a bug to be found (yet)... Now version 1.0... to your point... was buggy! But how did I find that out? Feedback from early adopters!

-Scott

I get what you mean. I don't mean it in a sense of "why get the Nexus and Rezound when quad cores are right around the corner!" I mean it more as in when people end up going "wtf? All that flashing crap and it's the same damn thing!"
In other words, people expect miracles from devs instead of giving them the time they need to get their work done. There's plenty of threads on here of people asking what are the consequences of unlocking, the consequences of flashing, etc, so if someone in particular is looking for a brand new experience but fearful of screwing up, it might be worth waiting it out a little longer. I do realize that people need to actually test the ROMs in order to find the bugs that need fixing, but for this gentleman, who called himself a noob, I thought it would be a better choice for him to sit tight.

Also, what happened to the list? It was pretty detailed.