Full backup

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how I can do a full back up of the full Verizon Rom so that if i wish to I can attempt rooting and installing other roms with the piece of mind that I can fully restore my phone to it's defualt state.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm. You may beable to do this by booting into stock recovery. If you can't do it there then I think to fully backup the stock rom, I think you have to unlock, root and install a custom recovery with that capability. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh Boy this is not as easy as webOS was. So much to learn and soo much to go wrong

You only have to learn as much as you want to do on your own phone. If removing bloat is all you want, then you only need to learn about root. If you want a vanilla Gingerbread ROM, then flashing is the way to go. Etc, etc.
The good thing about it is that there's plenty of people that are willing to walk you through things step by step, provide tools to ease the process, or even explain where you screwed up and how to fix it. There's not so much to go wrong, just so much to go right.

P.S. I loved webOS

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You only have to learn as much as you want to do on your own phone. If removing bloat is all you want, then you only need to learn about root. If you want a vanilla Gingerbread ROM, then flashing is the way to go. Etc, etc.
The good thing about it is that there's plenty of people that are willing to walk you through things step by step, provide tools to ease the process, or even explain where you screwed up and how to fix it. There's not so much to go wrong, just so much to go right.

P.S. I loved webOS

I still think the best starting point for all of this is temp root. Mainly because you can't do any damage.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but I should be able to get this as I am a programmer and it'll only help me further my knowledge. Maybe it's my lack of time to concentrate

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but I should be able to get this as I am a programmer and it'll only help me further my knowledge. Maybe it's my lack of time to concentrate

This is more like flashing a BIOS(before everything was automated) than application programming. But we're here to help and we'll just keep smashing android in your head until it sticks. :)

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
LOL I just I think mostly want to see if this game i bought will work at all.. it's NFL Rival and with 485ish meg of ram it still locks up

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL I just I think mostly want to see if this game i bought will work at all.. it's NFL Rival and with 485ish meg of ram it still locks up

Some of these games do a ton of phoning home. Are you on a reliable connection? Blood and glory ran perfectly on mine, as did GTA3.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Some of these games do a ton of phoning home. Are you on a reliable connection? Blood and glory ran perfectly on mine, as did GTA3.

Hey, how's GTA3? I kinda want it, but I bet the controls are god awful.
I had a Gameboy emulator on my Droid, and playing anything on touchscreen controls was an exercise in frustration.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey, how's GTA3? I kinda want it, but I bet the controls are god awful.
I had a Gameboy emulator on my Droid, and playing anything on touchscreen controls was an exercise in frustration.

All depends on whether or not you actually like playing the game hahaha. If you can manage to steal a car it looks/sounds pretty. Although you're more apt to lose a finger in an industrial accident then to get the controls to stop fighting you long enough to actually get that far. Someone with an Xperia Play said it worked great with those controls.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
All depends on whether or not you actually like playing the game hahaha. If you can manage to steal a car it looks/sounds pretty. Although you're more apt to lose a finger in an industrial accident then to get the controls to stop fighting you long enough to actually get that far. Someone with an Xperia Play said it worked great with those controls.

Yeah that about settles it, I'm not buying it. Thanks for the input.
Now that Sony owns Ericsson outright, I'm hoping to see a full "Playstation" phone in the near future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish