Custom ROM help, not sure what I'm doing wrong

jess701

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I was wondering if someone out there could give me some help, I have the rezound it is rooted and is unlocked okay s-on is still on. I cant seem to be able to load any custom roms I try. I have the pmg1365zip. and the Amon RA all loaded in the root of my sd card but still cant flash any roms please help. Thanks Jess

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
What is the problem that you're having specifically? What steps are you taking to flash the ROM? Did you install Amon Ra or is it just sitting on your SD card? Are you getting an error? Or not even gotten that far?

courthaven

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but based on my rooting work with my old Dinc, I am thinking that if your phone is S-On still, then it isn't completely rooted. Do you have the Super User icon still?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
We don't have soff root yet, so s-on is fine. Sounds like amon ra needs flashed first. This is the "install custom recovery" part of rooting. Is go back and check these part of the directions you are using. Also to check for root, boot you phone up and look for the super user app. That will tell you if your actually rooted.

Reactions: courthaven

jess701

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess the part I am confussed about is the Amon RA it is on my sd card I am fully rooted but the flashing part of it confusses me thats why I am not able to download roms. Thanks guys so far for youe help really apriciate it this is one of the best places to go for help.

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess the part I am confussed about is the Amon RA it is on my sd card I am fully rooted but the flashing part of it confusses me thats why I am not able to download roms. Thanks guys so far for youe help really apriciate it this is one of the best places to go for help.

Did you end up figuring it out?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

To make a long story short, you need to flash Amon-Ra. I did it in recovery mode with fastboot. Probably the least painful way to go if you're comfortable with fastboot. From there when you reboot into recovery the Amon-Ra menu system is pretty self explanatory. Ask questions if you need help. Everyone was a newbie once..

Pooman

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I still have an S-on my Rezound. I get an error of /system/bin/su or system/xbin/su. How do I fix this? I need detailed instructions please, I am new to this. Thanks!

jess701

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Yes i figured it out I had to factory reset every time I want to flash a rom I always afraid to because of all the work but that was it thanks for all the help Peace!:-!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I still have an S-on my Rezound. I get an error of /system/bin/su or system/xbin/su. How do I fix this? I need detailed instructions please, I am new to this. Thanks!

We're all still s-on. Explain what you've done and we can go from there.

Sent with Resounding success via tapatalk
Verizon Resound Unleashed - rooted and Senseless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc