Hi Noob Problems,

I went to the HTC website followed their guide, (was given no warning of all my contacts, apps, settings being deleted *angry face*) now I'm back to square one. Anyway to recover these things... I used HTC sync previously but that really does very little.

If not and I have to start fresh anyways which ROM should I go with and if I like the feel of sense as is should I use a rom.

Thank you,
    Noob
    FrankXS likes this.
    01-07-2012 03:20 AM
    check out scott's CleanROM It is the sense ui with all the verizon bloat taken out. you can always add back anything later if you find you like it.
    01-07-2012 07:13 AM
    That's normal Any time u unlock a phone. It gets wiped every thing is gone. As for apps and contacts google backs those up.
    01-07-2012 07:40 AM
    yep. it clearly says on htc's site when you're going through the steps for unlocking that everything will be erased.
    01-07-2012 11:21 AM
    Thanks everyone for this thread. I too have ventured into the HTC unlocking program. Proceeded all the way to what I think was the last "okay" (or next to last), and chickened out. I wanted to wait until I found out more about it. Anyway, I had no idea this action alone would do a wipe, like a factory reset. I'm really glad I read this here.

-Frank
    01-07-2012 11:40 AM
    Thanks frank and everybody for the lovely responses you guys rock! yeah half awake last night saw that it was finally rooted should have read the htc site.
    01-07-2012 12:39 PM
    Running scrosler's CleanROM 1.2 and love it.
    01-07-2012 02:53 PM
    extremely strong OP username to thread title ratio
    01-08-2012 12:14 AM
    extremely strong OP username to thread title ratio
    I was totally going to point this out if nobody else did. :highfive:
    01-10-2012 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD