1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Default Battery fell out during wipe, help!

Well, my battery accidentally fell out while doing a factory wipe and now I can't get the phone to power up to the main screen anymore. I can get into the bootloader menus and that's about it. If I power it up, or do a factory reset, I see the htc logos a couple of times and then the screen stays black....but it's still on...just black. FYI it is unlocked and I ran the Clean flash tool and loaded up Amon Ra before this happened.
    Last edited by pnicho; 01-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: Need help!

Hmmm... I'd say see if you can flash a ROM through the bootloader.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

I am missing something about flashing a rom? When I did it with my other phones, I'd be able to access the sd card from the bootloader menu and install it from there. But I don't see the sd card or anywhere to get to it.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

You have to be in the fastboot menu IIRC, and the SD card should be called ext_SD.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    You have to be in the fastboot menu IIRC, and the SD card should be called ext_SD.
    Oh ok. I finally decided to relock my phone and flash the ruu and that got my phone working again.

ROM
    SOMETHING BAD AS

Hello,
    Well I have some major problems I had ics 4.0.1 loaded on my phone and all i was getting was wifi no verizon signal so I called verizon and they had me do a few things with it and seem to screw it up it loaded up after reboot to the htc logo then a black screen. i tryed to load other roms and factory reset. cant seem to load at all past the htc logo and black screen. Please can someone help!!! Thanks Jess

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jess701 View Post
    Hello,
    Well I have some major problems I had ics 4.0.1 loaded on my phone and all i was getting was wifi no verizon signal so I called verizon and they had me do a few things with it and seem to screw it up it loaded up after reboot to the htc logo then a black screen. i tryed to load other roms and factory reset. cant seem to load at all past the htc logo and black screen. Please can someone help!!! Thanks Jess
    I'm assuming you're unlocked, rooted and installed a custom recovery like amon ra.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Did you make a nandroid prior to all you problems?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

ROM
    SOMETHING BAD AS

I am unlocked and using the pgim.zip how ever type for the recovery zip because clock work didnt work. I can get into recovery and hbot but all my data is erase from sd card so I have nothing to reset the phone with. I am confussed lol

ROM
    SOMETHING BAD AS

Default Re: Battery fell out during wipe, help!

nope well i thought I had but cant find anything or were to load anything all i get is hbot and recovery and the normal tasks in recovery.

ROM
    SOMETHING BAD AS

now after all the messing around it says battery is to low change battery lol

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

OK I would start from the beginning. Is the roms zip file on your external card? If so boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset. Then reflash the rom. If necessary flash the appropriate boot image as well

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

You will have to resetup and reload all your apps and data. Make sure once you get setup and functional you make a nandroid.

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Fyi Clockworkmod recovery has bugs. I recommend Amon Ra Recovery.

ROM
    SOMETHING BAD AS

thanks I think I need to charge it up now for a while then I will try that thank you.

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Good luck

Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Charge the phone, then use CleanFLASH to flash the Amon Ra style recovery found

Once you've done that, access the recovery menu and do a factory reset on the phone.

Finally, use the recovery menu to flash the ROM you have on your microSD card.