Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by QuistisTrepe View Post
    Who on earth just has another sim card sitting around?
    Why not? I have several sitting around.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: [GUIDE] Guide to Unlocking & Rooting the HTC Rezound

Quote Originally Posted by JimFlyerFan View Post
    just to be clear, if my phone got the OTA update then i cant use these instructions to root and flash a custom ROM?
    Rooting the Rezound requires that you unlock then install custom recovery(Amon-Ra), and install superuser/root via recovery and then download superuser from the market. ROM'ing on the rezound remains the same.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Why not? I have several sitting around.
    That's how you can tell different between developer .and rookies.. jk... lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing2406 View Post
    That's how you can tell different between developer .and rookies.. jk... lol

God I hope not...I only have 1 micro SD for each of my devices...granted I have more than the law should allow but still.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing2406 View Post
    This works if your rezound is unlocked.. I have full access to my phone.. Here is the site..

use the superuser that is built inside recovery.. You won't see a superuser icon in your tray. When you boot the phone up.. But the phone is fully perm rooted
    I used this method described by scotty85 in the link. I used fastboot (fastboot boot filename.img) to boot into Amon Ra recovery...chose the option to install superuser, and then rebooted. Now I'm rooted with the OTA, and superuser app in my app drawer. Seems painless and easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by technophile82 View Post
    I used this method described by scotty85 in the link. I used fastboot (fastboot boot filename.img) to boot into Amon Ra recovery...chose the option to install superuser, and then rebooted. Now I'm rooted with the OTA, and superuser app in my app drawer. Seems painless and easy enough.
    I tried that way and didnt have any luck. So I tried what I posted and worked perfect...

ROM
    ViperRez 1.0.3

Just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for putting all of this in one place. Makes it a lot easier to root when its all right there in together.
    Moto Razr -> Blackberry Curve -> SAW THE LIGHT! -> Droid Incredible -> HTC Rezound -> Droid DNA

I need help. I just rooted the other day and when I try to add a Rom the phone won't restore. A hat and arrow loop appears and the only way I can get out it to remove the battery. Please help

Ok, clockworkmod is v5.8.1.4
    I was able to get back to recovery mode. Now I am going through to wipe again but it is getting stuck without wiping. Last time it went pretty quick. How long should it take? It's just sitting at the image of the cwm top hat with the yellow ring. It sits there whether I try to reboot, wipe data, wipe cache, or restore - or anything.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

This method works even after the current OTA, correct?
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

ROM
    standard

i unlocked my phone and now i am trying figure out how to root it... I had the newest OTA update on prior to the unlock

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjoseph255 View Post
    i unlocked my phone and now i am trying figure out how to root it... I had the newest OTA update on prior to the unlock
    I would also like to know if this currently works with the latest ota.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    This method works even after the current OTA, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewjoseph255 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds130996 View Post
    I would also like to know if this currently works with the latest ota.
    For those of you that are on the OTA, try this.

After you've unlocked, install the Amon-Ra recovery, not Clockwork Mod...too many issues with it at this point. Amon-Ra does the same things just a tad different in the layout.

Once thats installed boot into the recovery and go to the developer menu, once there select install Superuser (may be abbreviated as SU). Reboot back into the normal phone. Go to the Market and install the Superuser app (from ChainsDD). You should now be rooted and ready to grant apps like Titanium superuser permissions to delete bloat apps and do backups and etc etc.

Credit to Mr. Smith317 for sharing the info about the developer menu install from another post.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    After you've unlocked, install the Amon-Ra recovery, not Clockwork Mod...too many issues with it at this point. Amon-Ra does the same things just a tad different in the layout.

Once thats installed boot into the recovery and go to the developer menu, once there select install Superuser (may be abbreviated as SU). Reboot back into the normal phone. Go to the Market and install the Superuser app (from ChainsDD). You should now be rooted and ready to grant apps like Titanium superuser permissions to delete bloat apps and do backups and etc etc.

Credit to Mr. Smith317 for sharing the info about the developer menu install from another post.
    Err...ahem, Clockwork is actually pretty stable now, just to throw it out there. I realize I'm probably the only one defending/using it.
    Trust me though, I went through the earlier phases of it and it seriously sucked. Now, I can create & restore backups without hangups or freezes, and ROMs install without any issue.
    My previous thread complaining about CWM was a weird Astro error, in case anyone was wondering.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Err...ahem, Clockwork is actually pretty stable now, just to throw it out there. I realize I'm probably the only one defending/using it.
    Trust me though, I went through the earlier phases of it and it seriously sucked. Now, I can create & restore backups without hangups or freezes, and ROMs install without any issue.
    My previous thread complaining about CWM was a weird Astro error, in case anyone was wondering.
    In my opinion Amon-Ra is still the recovery of choice on the Rezound. Especially since you need it to root a stock Rezound. Just makes more sense. If I could use the ROM Manager options to flash ROMs(since I flash SystemUI and framework updates a lot), I'd probably switch over to CWM because that would make a difference.

-Walt Disney
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    In my opinion Amon-Ra is still the recovery of choice on the Rezound. Especially since you need it to root a stock Rezound. Just makes more sense. If I could use the ROM Manager options to flash ROMs(since I flash SystemUI and framework updates a lot), I'd probably switch over to CWM because that would make a difference.
    Hmm, that's true. I didn't really consider the need for Amon Ra in regards to rooting now that the OTA fudged everything up.
    I just find it more convenient to flash ROMs through CWM, which is pretty much why I stick to it. It had some growing pains, though. I'll admit.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Hmm, that's true. I didn't really consider the need for Amon Ra in regards to rooting now that the OTA fudged everything up.
    I just find it more convenient to flash ROMs through CWM, which is pretty much why I stick to it. It had some growing pains, though. I'll admit.
    Not to get into a whole thing here but what's easier about it? I used CWM the entire time I had my Inc. The last version of it I used was 3.0.0.8 I believe. Since it was all I'd ever used I didn't think I'd like Amon-Ra but its the same process just laid out a bit differently.

I suppose you can use ROM manager if your using CWM but I was never a proponent of ROM Manager for flashing, too many issues and problems with things not getting fully wiped.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So the flashable zip method still applies for the ota?

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

So the flashable zip method still applies for the ota?

Do you mean for Rooting the phone or for installing a custom recovery?

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you mean for Rooting the phone or for installing a custom recovery?
    In the original post it has the flashable zips for amon ra recovery, just wondering if that's still a viable way to load recovery and then root. Thanks for the reply.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

In the original post it has the flashable zips for amon ra recovery, just wondering if that's still a viable way to load recovery and then root. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that should still work for installing a custom recovery. If you've accepted the OTA though you should use Amon-Ra and follow the steps to root that I posted on the last post of the previous page.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not to get into a whole thing here but what's easier about it? I used CWM the entire time I had my Inc. The last version of it I used was 3.0.0.8 I believe. Since it was all I'd ever used I didn't think I'd like Amon-Ra but its the same process just laid out a bit differently.

I suppose you can use ROM manager if your using CWM but I was never a proponent of ROM Manager for flashing, too many issues and problems with things not getting fully wiped.
    I might be biased to it because it was pretty much my training wheel when it came to recovery and ROMing on the Droid.
    It's just generally easier to go to one application and be able to flash a recovery, boot into recovery, download a ROM, and install a ROM without having to do much else. Seems more intuitive, I suppose. The price of all the convenience is the occasional error, but it's only put me through two of them on the Rezound, which I've managed to solve.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I might be biased to it because it was pretty much my training wheel when it came to recovery and ROMing on the Droid.
    It's just generally easier to go to one application and be able to flash a recovery, boot into recovery, download a ROM, and install a ROM without having to do much else. Seems more intuitive, I suppose. The price of all the convenience is the occasional error, but it's only put me through two of them on the Rezound, which I've managed to solve.
    I hear you. I was apprehensive about using Amon-Ra too, only because CWM was all I had ever known.

As far as ROM manager goes, they're were way too many issues with the Inc that may have been solved with the Rezound or maybe have been solved with the latest 5.xxx of CWM.

For now I think I'll just stick with what I've got cause it seems to be working well for me...the old, if it ain't broke saying.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah that should still work for installing a custom recovery. If you've accepted the OTA though you should use Amon-Ra and follow the steps to root that I posted on the last post of the previous page.
    Thanks, the flashable zip worked, I just had to use the ota updated version. Unlocked and rooted. Thanks for the help.

Always been a CWM and Rom manager user...

I can not find the "instructions to install" Amon RA to save my life.... Where is the application even from? I see Rom Manager on the Market, so it feels like a legit application.

I just need the simple directions on how to ...
    1. install amon ra and root using it
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast