1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't Restore Nandroid Backup

I flashed a rom and decided it wasn't for me. I went back into recovery (Amon Ra) to restore the nandroid back up I had just done before I flashed. I hit restore, it does its thing, but when I reboot it get the HTC boot screen up and then nothing. The screen goes blank. I had to reflash the rom to have a useable phone, but still want to restore that back up. Any ideas? First time restoring so I'm sure its an I D 10 T error.

Thanks.

Default Re: Can't Restore Nandroid Backup

Same thing happened to me. All of the backup Nandroids I created are useless. Running Amon Ra as well, it backs up fine and when you try to restore, the process occurs fine but when the fun reboots ...goes to the htc boot screen and nada.

I thought about flashing Amon Ra again, maybe it was an error in the software. Luckily I keep all the rom downloads, so when I change, I just go through the whole process again.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

You have to restore the kernel from the back'd up ROM. If the kernel automatically flashes on install, then you have to manually change your kernel back when restoring a backup. This is the gotcha without S-OFF.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks man. The back up was from stock. I should be able to get that kernel from Htcdev.com, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SDMFer View Post
    Thanks man. The back up was from stock. I should be able to get that kernel from Htcdev.com, correct?
    Here you go:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Awesome, I owe you one.