Screen Keeps Turning On

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Running CleanROM 2.3 w/ICS and my screen keeps turning on at random times throughout the day and night. I have my screen set to stay on when charging so it won't turn of when in the Jeep. I wake up many times during the night to find my phone, while charging, has turned the screen back on. Any ideas? Is there a setting someplace I am missing?

thanks,

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
no, not running that one. Thinking I need to start fresh and slowly add an app a day to watch the results. It will be a long painful journey. Maybe I'll just let it turn on and stay on overnight.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
no, not running that one. Thinking I need to start fresh and slowly add an app a day to watch the results. It will be a long painful journey. Maybe I'll just let it turn on and stay on overnight.

You can try clearing the data from each app and see if maybe that might reset whatever setting you might have chosen.
Also, you could force close whatever app you might suspect is causing the problem and narrow it down that way instead.

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll be looking at my running apps tonight when I have some free time (haha) to try to pick out the most likely offenders.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll be looking at my running apps tonight when I have some free time (haha) to try to pick out the most likely offenders.

You can always list them out the easy way. "adb shell pm list packages" That will list all the packages you have installed, you can copy/paste them here and maybe someone will be able to assist in identifying the culprit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1