ROM Manager with AmonRA Recovery Installed

xxkmanxx

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Can i use ROM Manager if i used AmonRA Recovery to root my phone, like can i have both recoveries on my phone, idk I'm kinda new to rooting and Roms and everything?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From most user's experiences many people tend to stay away from ROM Manager... Just causes to many issues.. Then again there are those who swear by it...

As far as I know, you can have only 1 recovery on your device.

xxkmanxx

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess what I'm really getting at is are there some roms that only install on ClockworkMod Recovery? I just see a lot of people using ClockworkMod to install roms, or does it not really matter what Recovery you have as long as your phone is rooted?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
In that case, then yes the type of recovery is up to you.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm pretty sure ROM Manager only integrates if you have Clockwork Mod as your recovery. Integrates in the sense of downloading ROM's making backups etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm pretty sure ROM Manager only integrates if you have Clockwork Mod as your recovery. Integrates in the sense of downloading ROM's making backups etc.
Big 10-4 on that. ROM Manager is useless without CWM installed.

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys...u helped me awhile back to reinstall amon ra... I made mistake today to try cwm...don't like and doesnt work for me. I'm having problems trying to re install Amon Ra..Help please..thx

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...u helped me awhile back to reinstall amon ra... I made mistake today to try cwm...don't like and doesnt work for me. I'm having problems trying to re install Amon Ra..Help please..thx

I used scott's cleanFlash to go from CWM to Amon Ra. Check here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...nflash-1-0-flash-boot-recovery-img-easil.html

Piece of cake. Just follow the instructions. Since you're rooted, after you flash you should use X-Plore or ES Explorer like tool and remove the cwm directory. Think it's on root or sdcard (not sdcard2 external)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Not one person defending CWM on here? For shame, Android Central Verizon HTC Rezound forum, for shame!
It's actually pretty stable on the official version. Backup creation, ROM installation, and ROM restores all work directly from the app itself.
If that buggy and crappy unofficial version didn't tarnish CWM from the start, and Koush had put out his official version first, I'm willing to wager that we'd all be on CWM right now.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Not one person defending CWM on here? For shame, Android Central Verizon HTC Rezound forum, for shame!
It's actually pretty stable on the official version. Backup creation, ROM installation, and ROM restores all work directly from the app itself.
If that buggy and crappy unofficial version didn't tarnish CWM from the start, and Koush had put out his official version first, I'm willing to wager that we'd all be on CWM right now.

Actually if Koush add's the option to root from CWM then I think more people would use it. Think about how many people we've talked off the ledge with just installing recovery...now ask that person to do it twice...

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually if Koush add's the option to root from CWM then I think more people would use it. Think about how many people we've talked off the ledge with just installing recovery...now ask that person to do it twice...

You're right. CWM would blow up with success if it included one-click rooting. But imagine having to push updates for each phone every time there was an OTA.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You're right. CWM would blow up with success if it included one-click rooting. But imagine having to push updates for each phone every time there was an OTA.

Which is probably why AmonRa has a history with HTC. HTC uses almost the exact same framework from phone to phone just like CWM homogenized the Android landscape.

Speaking of which. I had a funny thought. Why is it that so many people go on about Android and customization and then they all flock to (and for a large part) use an unmodified Cyanogenmod ROM?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Which is probably why AmonRa has a history with HTC. HTC uses almost the exact same framework from phone to phone just like CWM homogenized the Android landscape.

Speaking of which. I had a funny thought. Why is it that so many people go on about Android and customization and then they all flock to (and for a large part) use an unmodified Cyanogenmod ROM?

Brand name recognition, I suppose.
I find it kind of interesting how when options or certain freedoms are presented, people immediately gravitate to whatever is popular and allow that option or item to pretty much corner the market. (iPhone, maybe?)
That's not to say that Cyanogenmod isn't any good or that it sucks, though. I'm jus' sayin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781