Are than any really stable ICS ROMS?

phillydog#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been running CleanROM and NilsGB ROMS with very good results, stability and as reasonable as I can expect battery life.
I made 2 attempts at installing ICS ROMS (Nils and Chingys). On both occasions, I had problems with my Podcast app crashing and couldn't stream audio via BT and had a crash/reboot or 2.
Are these issues that are inherent to all ICS leaks now or is worth trying another ROM?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Senseless ICS by Scrosler for a while now. I haven't had any app weirdness, and other than the System UI crashing at startup, it's been rock solid.

The bluetooth bit is questionable. I seem to be the only person who has not lost bluetooth functionality on an ICS ROM. Not sure what's been done different, I know I didn't do anything outside of the flash instructions for the ROM.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You'll see super duper stable ICS ROMs when HTC released official ICS for the Rezound, me thinks.

To me the biggest instability in the current ROM generation is that battery issue. To explain, if you have a 3.8v battery, an ICS ROM will not charge to 100% while the phone is on. There seems to be an issue with the kernel and voltage control precluding that from happening.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
To me the biggest instability in the current ROM generation is that battery issue. To explain, if you have a 3.8v battery, an ICS ROM will not charge to 100% while the phone is on. There seems to be an issue with the kernel and voltage control precluding that from happening.

I have this issue with 3.7v extended battery on CleanROM 1.5.5

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just going to take a little while, OP. Devs need time things both on the ROM end and kernel end. Eventually they will get everything smoothed out running nice across the board.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue with 3.7v extended battery on CleanROM 1.5.5

Update to 1.6.5 or 1.7, which was just released. I found out about it over on XDA. It pretty much just has a few minor performance and battery tweaks along with updates to Maps and Facebook and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34