All-In-One Noob-Proof Toolkit

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Very nice I like it! Should make it much easier for those not quite sure of themselves but want to root etc.

Shame of it is, those are the people that really need to learn what they're doing. Tool or no, I've seen way too many people hose their phones temporarily trying to root/ROM.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Shame of it is, those are the people that really need to learn what they're doing. Tool or no, I've seen way too many people hose their phones temporarily trying to root/ROM.

Very true...best to learn how to do it yourself so you ACTUALLY know how to do it yourself and can thus help yourself when you get stuck. Can we petition a moderator to sticky the guide originally posted by Paul627g, who if I'm not mistaken is a moderator himself?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think streamlining the customization process helps us draw in more people with ease, but I do agree about having to know your way around the phone at least somewhat. It's all about baby steps I guess.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I think streamlining the customization process helps us draw in more people with ease, but I do agree about having to know your way around the phone at least somewhat. It's all about baby steps I guess.

Better scripting/programming helps too. Not that I'm throwing Scott under the bus but when the original CleanTool said "Now you're rooted" when everything prior to that message failed, it threw off newbies. Now had the script caught errors, it would have helped infinitely. Someone should develop a standard doc for scripting for Android.

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
With this tool/ guide, I'm going to root as soon as I get a couple hours of FREE time (what the hell is that?). One concern. When rooted, does the bluetooth streaming work? I just purchased a kick ass speaker that is wireless and I want to make sure rooting will still let this feature work.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
With this tool/ guide, I'm going to root as soon as I get a couple hours of FREE time (what the hell is that?). One concern. When rooted, does the bluetooth streaming work? I just purchased a kick ass speaker that is wireless and I want to make sure rooting will still let this feature work.

Rooting doesn't change any functionality, aside from you being able to run "restricted" apps (like wifi tether) and ones that require superuser access (such as ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, etc).
However, when you flash a ROM, you'd have to make sure that Bluetooth is fully functional on it if you wish to use it.