Help with Wifi Tether

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have searched this forum as well as others and have not been able to find the solution to get tether working. I am perm rooted and running stock. If I need to flash a custom ROM, that is fine, I just need to know which ones work well with wifi tether. Thanks

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i have the EXACT SAME QUESTION..Wireless Tether not working...anyone can help? what version should I use on the Rezound? The profile for Rezound is not listed...anyone?? thanks:(

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've listed the answer to this multiple times.
Wifi Tether 3.1-beta11 or better
Galaxy Nexus(CMDA) profile
Routing Fix Enabled

This will work on GB(infrastructure mode is still questionable) or ICS (infrastructure and ad-hoc both work)

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but what setup-method should be used: Auto, WEXT(ad-hoc) or Netd(master) ?? Also should MSS clamping be checked,as that is something I keep hearing on other threads..?

Much appreciated for the help..

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Only change the settings I have listed(and/or SSID), anything else will not work. MSS Clamping fix was added in to wifi tether so it's no longer an option.

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
What is Infrastructure mode (Netd master) ? What is ad-hoc mode? Can someone please explain why choose one or the other or leave on Auto ?? Just need clarification on specifics...noob here!

thanks

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Can I enable WPA2 encryption/passphrase without any problems, or should this connection stay open?

Nope, encryption won't work on the Rezound...not even on stock GB/ICS.

What is Infrastructure mode (Netd master) ? What is ad-hoc mode? Can someone please explain why choose one or the other or leave on Auto ?? Just need clarification on specifics...noob here!

thanks

Infrastructure mode allows devices to connect as if they were connecting to an actual network.

Ad-hoc mode is a 1-to-1 connection meant for device to device connections. This doesn't work for a lot of MIDs and some laptop/netbook network cards.

Infrastructure mode is preferred, however it's my understanding that leaving it on auto is the only way this works properly.

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So Tethering will only work with an OPEN connection on Rezound? That kind of sucks. May have to go back to PDANet (unless EasyTether or another will give me encryption). Any suggestions??

My friend has T-Bolt. ...will this work for him as well (since Rezound is similar upgraded model.)

You've been quite helpful

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me what ROM is good to use for the Rezound? I just got mnie 3days ago, unlocked bootloader, rooted via AmonRa.. and I am looking for a STABLE FAST ROM (removed bloatware) with nice themes (especially Gmail icons)..

Can you list any? what are you running? any issues?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me what ROM is good to use for the Rezound? I just got mnie 3days ago, unlocked bootloader, rooted via AmonRa.. and I am looking for a STABLE FAST ROM (removed bloatware) with nice themes (especially Gmail icons)..

Can you list any? what are you running? any issues?

I'm running Xtreme Outcasts's ICS 2.0 ROM as a base with the latest leaked 4.0.3 kernel. There aren't any full themes out there yet unless you use ADW/Launcher Pro/Go Launcher.

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to be a particular kernel to flash Xtreme Outcast ICS ROM??
I have 2.0.605.11 GBread...Can I just download the Outcast rom from XDA developers to sd and flash using clockwork mod ??

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to be a particular kernel to flash Xtreme Outcast ICS ROM??
I have 2.0.605.11 GBread...Can I just download the Outcast rom from XDA developers to sd and flash using clockwork mod ??

Yes you need to be on an ICS 4.0.3 kernel(included with the ROM). I'm using the latest leaked kernel and it gets rid of some of the more annoying issues.

pguerr411

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you send me a screenshot(s) or a place where I can see some screenshots of this ROM. I would very much appreciate that. Need to see how it LOOKS!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
No clue brother. Mine is about 90% custom so my look is nowhere near what you'd get. It's running the Nova launcher though so if you take a look a Nova you'll get an idea of what the launcher looks like and in the thread here: you should be able to see the screens of their theme.