Nandroid backup stalled

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
running CWM v5.8.1.4 and trying to do a nandroid backup from recovery. I get through the backing up of the boot image, recovery image, and system, but once to the data backup it has been sitting at backing up com.handcent.nextsms-1.apk for the past 30 minutes.

any ideas?

thanks,

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
running CWM v5.8.1.4 and trying to do a nandroid backup from recovery. I get through the backing up of the boot image, recovery image, and system, but once to the data backup it has been sitting at backing up com.handcent.nextsms-1.apk for the past 30 minutes.

any ideas?

thanks,

Pull battery, try again. If you get a superuser force close error right from the start, you're probably already screwed. Make sure you go to "Fix Permissions" under "Utilities" in CWM.
Also, I've had greater success starting the backup right from CWM itself, and not from rebooting into recovery.
If all else fails, create a file named ".hidenandroidprogress" within the folder where the backup is being created. This was a fix for an earlier version of CWM where the backup would begin to stall when trying to backup system files.

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pull battery, try again. If you get a superuser force close error right from the start, you're probably already screwed. Make sure you go to "Fix Permissions" under "Utilities" in CWM.
Also, I've had greater success starting the backup right from CWM itself, and not from rebooting into recovery.
If all else fails, create a file named ".hidenandroidprogress" within the folder where the backup is being created. This was a fix for an earlier version of CWM where the backup would begin to stall when trying to backup system files.

Cool, thanks. I seem to recall having had this issue with earlier versions when launching it from CWM within the running hone so this AM I kicked it off after booting to recover. I was thinking I also might try the backup to the internal sd to see if that helps. I little research also indicates the sd card needs to be fat32, I'll check that tonight as well.

thanks again,

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Or do the simple thing and go with Amon-Ra. lol. God love you guys for toughing it out with CWM but let's face it. Amon-Ra works. Works well, in fact.

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
but I like the gui . . . fine . . . Amon Ra it is . . .

Anyone using the ROM Toolbox Pro? Looks like it will let me kick off the nandroid from the gui as well as load new roms and other funness.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
but I like the gui . . . fine . . . Amon Ra it is . . .

Anyone using the ROM Toolbox Pro? Looks like it will let me kick off the nandroid from the gui as well as load new roms and other funness.

Pro..?? As in paid version? I've been using ROM toolbox since the good ol' DX days. I don't actually use it to kick off backups or anything...Just the rebooter these days...It's not as much fun without my DX.

finnd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, I am one of those rare birds that actually kicks up a few bucks to the dev if they made my life easier. That reminds me, I need to send Scott and his wife to the Olive Garden again. :)