In need of help majorly..HTC Rezound possibly bricked

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am some what new to these forums..btw HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!...I have a problem on my hands..I tried installing a rom on my htc rezound..and now the device is practically bricked..it boots into HBOOT...and I am able to select recovery..i did a nandroid backup and the damn thing wont restore!!..I have tried almost everything!!..I dont want to have to get a replacement device...i tried to install the ICS business rom made my Nils i believe is what its called..and I have an idea where I went wrong but this is so aggravating..so any help would be appreciated!!..thank you!

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, first i downloaded the rom and then after completed put it on my SD card...i booted into recovery and chose to flash it from my sd card like so..then the rom wasn't running properly by resetting itself over and again no matter what i tried to do...i tried restoring my rezound from the nandroid backup..and after it was completed..it booted to the HTC screen in green print and then after that the screen goes blank..

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, first i downloaded the rom and then after completed put it on my SD card...i booted into recovery and chose to flash it from my sd card like so..then the rom wasn't running properly by resetting itself over and again no matter what i tried to do...i tried restoring my rezound from the nandroid backup..and after it was completed..it booted to the HTC screen in green print and then after that the screen goes blank..

Did you wipe before flashing?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
yes i did, I followed everything I possibly could...read it six times and what not before I tried installing this...I tried restoring my phone..idk whats wrong

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Out of all the times for this to happen..this is why I hate messing with custom roms because something is bound to go wrong..ugh i need to get my phone up and running!!!..please!?!?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
yes i did, I followed everything I possibly could...read it six times and what not before I tried installing this...I tried restoring my phone..idk whats wrong

Power off/on, go back into recovery and try to rewipe the data, partition & davlik again & reflash Nils rom or try another rom it sounds like you missed something from the stock rom if it keeps reaetting like that.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay i reflashed the Business ICS sense rom..but I am trying to figure out how to delete the PH98img i think thats why it kept rebooting as a matter of fact...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you flashed the ICS ROM you needed to either flash the patch he put out with it or you had to relock and flash the leaked ICS RUU first, then unlock the phone and then flash the ROM. It sounds more involved that it is but its pretty important.

Which ROM were you on before you flashed.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you flashed the ICS ROM you needed to either flash the patch he put out with it or you had to relock and flash the leaked ICS RUU first, then unlock the phone and then flash the ROM. It sounds more involved that it is but its pretty important.

Which ROM were you on before you flashed.

Saved by a longtime fan of Nils fan club
superman2.jpg

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was on the stock rom..gingerbread 2.3.4. well that was not explained within the rom section itself..

I'm pretty sure it does say that but we can argue about that after you've got it fixed.

In order for the ROM to run properly you have to be running the latest firmware that you get when you flash the RUU leak. Can you access the SD card by plugging into a computer or will it not stay booted long enough? If you can't you'll need another device or an SD card reader to get the PH98IMG file off the phone and you'll need to put the RUU there and run it. I'm going to link you to instructions I used from the Team BAMF website.

Guide To Install Ics Ruu And Firmware (Windows) - Rezound Help & Support - TeamBAMF

When you get to Part 3, just substitute Nils ROM, or any ICS ROM for that matter instead. Nils' ROM comes with the kernel prepacked and it will unpack at the appropriate time so there is no need to do it in step 4 of Part 3.

Do a thorough read through before you go off on it to make sure you understand the steps. Give us a shout if you get hung up like it did...I had a bad download of the RUU and it wouldn't flash but I got it resolved.

Saved by a longtime fan of Nils fan club
Click to view quoted image

What can I say, I likes me some stable, reliable, eyecandy ROMing!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions I posted or did you try to flash another Gingerbread based ROM?

Your phone's not bricked...it's totally fixable but we have to know what steps you're taking in order to figure out where to go next.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I am going to try the steps you left in the post now..I have just been with family all day and what not thank you so much!!..

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I am going to try the steps you left in the post now..I have just been with family all day and what not thank you so much!!..

It's cool man, it's been a family kind of day. The steps posted assume you've rooted and kept the original unlock files from HTCdev in the folder you used originally. If you've kept them in the same place it's going to save you some time and effort of re-doing it all.

All in all it took about an hour to complete the entire process from start until I had finished the flash of Nils' ROM and was begining the setup phase. The RUU takes quite a bit of time to flash...it's a pretty big file...and make sure you flash the RUU TWICE! That's a critical step others have missed and it's gotten them into trouble. I had to do it three times because the first time it didn't flash the steps in the proper order and froze up on me with a black screen and the LCD light on like it was charging...a battery pull and re-try later and I was in business.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just want to get my phone working because I need it..and don't really want to get a replacement..ive only had this thing 2 months..

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You won't need a replacement. Let's start at the beginning...you've unlocked and rooted the phone right? Can you plug the phone into a computer and access the external SD card?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well yes the phone is unlocked and rooted..and no i cant access the SD card through the phone but I put it in a different phone and I can access it through there..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12