Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

When I try to launch Eclipse from the ADT Bundle it gives me an error that says "Failed to load the JNI shared library C:\DevSuiteHome_4\jdk\jr\bin\client\jvm.dll". What is that? The DevSuiteHome_4 is a folder for some Oracle applications I have.

I see in this stickie that you suggest flashing a super user file. You are going to laugh at me when I ask you what is flashing and how do I do that Mr. Smith?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bkolb69 View Post
    I see in this stickie that you suggest flashing a super user file. You are going to laugh at me when I ask you what is flashing and how do I do that Mr. Smith?

I'm not Mr.smith,but flashing is when u put a .zip file on the root of your sd card and load into hboot or recovery and load ota ruu's or roms onto your system.
    Ps...not laughing,we all started just like u.atleast u ask questions...
    SENT FROM MY S-OFF HTC REZOUND RUNNING VIPERREZ

Well I didn't know squat going into this. And I now I only have more questions. But I did unlock my phone, root it, relocked it, flashed the leaked ruu, unlocked again and rerooted. Thanks to Mr Smith 317 for his patience. Now I'm getting ready to flash a room and I don't want to assume anything here. So for the leaked ruu I changed the image file name to PH98IMG.zip. First question is: Do I rename the new ROM the same way before I flash? Second question: what are the steps for flashing a kernel? Will it be similar to flashing the su zip file that Mr Smith sent me?

I am having a little trouble with the rooting process. I keep getting this error error: cannot load '..\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img' after putting: C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>Fastboot flashrecovery ..\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img in Command Line on my pc. Is there something that I am missing? I have unlocked my phone and have ICS on it. Any help would be great.

I just learned how to do this myself. You do realize those are three separate commands right? And you have put the recovery file in the AndroidSDK folder already? And you are in debugging. And when I do it when I get into Hboot I have to manually select cannot with the volume keys and power button before I send the command. Have I touched on anything you haven't done?

That was supposed to be manually select fastboot. Sorry

ok let me try selecting fastboot that could be the problem. i will select it before i do the command. thank you for the help. i will get back with info

will having the phone say unlocked but still saying s-on have something to do with it?

No. It's going to be s-on unless you do some radical and physical modifications.

I are you sure you have the ra recovery image in your folder.

When you send the command, what does the message say?

error: cannot load '..\recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm'

I see you have a ' after load. That should just be a space.

That is the output i received when I did the command Fastboot flash recovery ..\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img

I noticed a couple of miss matches in our conversation. If the image file is named (\recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img) and your command is \recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img then it will not find the image file. 3.15 or 3.14 has to mach what's in your AndroidSDK folder.

that was a typo . my fault. ok so now it just sits in limbo with just a blinking cursor after i put in the command recovery........should this part take more than 2 minutes. sorry bug you. I dont understand why i am not getting this to work, i work in computers for a living lol

How long should I have to wait to receive my unlock key from HTC? I rooted my other Rezound earlier this year. Had a heck of a time then, but I thought the key was emailed pretty quick.

Maybe Im just a dummy, but this Rezound seems much more difficult to root than my old Incredible...dang sure harder than jailbreaking an iphone. LOL

I didn't realize that you haven't unlocked yet. It won't take long to get your code. I got mine almost instantly. Take a deep breath and start from scratch. If you miss a step you're just waisting your time.
    I'm no pro but I've unlocked and rooted my phone a few times already.

Thanked by:
    zrxoa1 

I didn't realize that you haven't unlocked yet. It won't take long to get your code. I got mine almost instantly. Take a deep breath and start from scratch. If you miss a step you're just waisting your time.
    I'm no pro but I've unlocked and rooted my phone a few times already.

I think you're confusing me with someone else... but I will retry nonetheless, thanks!

OK, I have redone the HTCDev part and submitted my token request twice. Still no emails. I checked my account at HTCDev.com and I am looking in the correct email accounbt, even checking SPAM folder...nothing, nada...

I am ONLY rooting to get mobile hotspot for free. If I cant get this to work, I'll just get an S3 and do it from that phone. I don't think root is required on that one.

Last time I unlocked and rooted a Rezound, I had all kinds of trouble. Not sure why...

I am. Sorry. Good luck with your unlocking.

Default [GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Ok, got unlock code. Email took several hours to come thru. Now I am stuck at rooting. Below are a few pics....

[GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357011922.973222.jpg

[GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357011957.068191.jpg

Now what??

Finally got to the recovery and all that. Rebooted the phone, but looks like still not rooted. Still trying...

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

I'm lost. Installed superuser, su update fixer and superSU.... All fail. What am I doing wrong??

Mr Smith sent me a link from xda. I'll try to find it.

Thanked by:
    zrxoa1 

Mr Smith sent me a link from xda. I'll try to find it.

Thanks! Your info in pm did the trick. NOW.... If I could get wifi tether app to work! I have tried all the settings tricks in this forum and still no luck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast