Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Rooting?

Hello everyone,

I currently have an HTC Rezound and recently upgraded to the "leaked ICS" firmware and it is up and running...I tried to root the device and I recently posted as of a week ago "In need of help, may have possibly bricked my phone"..I asked for the proper root files or what not and never received a response because the ones I recieved from the user "wanda" were no good and I am not sure what to do..

FYI...The ICS leak has a lot of bugs in it and was wondering how to revert to the original firmware..my battery life seemed to have gotten worse since I updated it..

Thank You

Default Re: Rooting?

"By definition bricking means your phone is dead. It will not turn on or anything.

Can you explain exactly what your phone is doing?

Here is a link that could help. How Do I Fix My Bricked Android Phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    "By definition bricking means your phone is dead. It will not turn on or anything.

Can you explain exactly what your phone is doing?

Here is a link that could help. How Do I Fix My Bricked Android Phone?
    My phone is not bricked its up and running on the leaked version of ICS..but I want to root so I can block ads cuz there annoying and a few other things..It was bricked but its not anymore...I had fixed it previously

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Do you have a recovery flashed, amon ra or clockworkMOD?
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Actually, first are you htcdev unlocked,
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

The "proper root files" were contained in the link to the Team BAMF website I sent you last week. The instructions for rooting and all the links to all the files were contained in that link.

Try reading the stickie note on this forum written by Mr Smith. It's an excellent guide and should be of help.

Ps, no need to double post ...it won't get you answers any faster.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    The "proper root files" were contained in the link to the Team BAMF website I sent you last week. The instructions for rooting and all the links to all the files were contained in that link.

Try reading the stickie note on this forum written by Mr Smith. It's an excellent guide and should be of help.

Ps, no need to double post ...it won't get you answers any faster.
    YES IM UNLOCKED...I had the phone rooted previously before I upgraded to the leaked firmware...the file is bad for the recovery.img..I read the link fully...THE FILE IS BAD..So i cant root without the file?..

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

First, stop with the 3 thread shenanigans,
    `
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    First, stop with the 3 thread shenanigans,
    `
    Im not here to argue, its aggravating to figure out since I said several times the file from the site I retrieved it from was a bad file and wont unzip.. don't tell me to stop with shenanigans..I can post what I wish..its a free country?..I am just trying to figure this out..thats all..

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Good luck then
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I agree, try to condense this into one thread. It makes it easier to figure out.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Ok the recovery you dowoaded was bad, no biggie. Just google it and find it from somewhere else. Also check Mr Smith's stickie guide...he has links there too.

And no need to go into "caps lock mode". I didn't ask you if you were unlocked, I knew you were. And when you double post it starts getting confusing trying to sort through which thread was being answered and who posted what. I'd suggest taking down one of the threads.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Fyi reason I double posted was because I didn't see my other post showing in the forums...so I wasn't sure if it went through my bad