Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #26  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Beats works just fine as far as I know. If you mean that you want to use Beats in all apps, you can check out this patch:
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  2. #27  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antirice View Post
    Sooo,
    I have 2 options. Load up the leaked ICS, then load up the CleanROM without having to load the "old firmware" or load the CleanRom and take the extra step and run the "old firmware" patch. Right?
    Be advised, doing the RUU update is quite a few steps but in my opinion is worth the extra effort. I had issues with Nils Business ICS using the patch but being.up the new firmware took care of it. Plus all ICS ROMS will be based on the new firmware anyway. The catch is that its not so easy to go back to GB based ROMS. I would suggest reading the process through and then deciding. Of course you could always do the patch and if it doesn't work as well then try the RUU.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default

    Can you post a link of the benefits of the leaked ICS firmware please?

    Sent from a J3d¡ M!nd Tr¡ck via Tapatalk
  4. #29  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    Can you post a link of the benefits of the leaked ICS firmware please?

    Sent from a J3d¡ M!nd Tr¡ck via Tapatalk
    Don't think there is one..if there is I never read it.

    Benefits include newer firmware (newer is always better right?)

    Newer radios.

    All the ICS ROMs going forward are going to be based on this or the next "latest leak" if there is one so why not upgrade? Gingerbread was fun but for a dual core phone, ICS is where it's at. I think all the bugs have been worked out of the ICS ROMs and the only ones that are still buggy are the ICS/Sense 4.0 ones.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  5. #30  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,541 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    if your going to flash the patch, pull your sdcard out go into recovery the patch is the cleanrom folder,flash and your good to go



    Thanked by:
    scrosler likes this.
  6. #31  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,574 Posts
    ROM
    Many

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    When I try to mount sd-ext from HBoot will not let me is say I do not have access. Something about: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 (File exist)
    What recovery are you using?


    Donations are accepted but not expected!
  7. #32  
    scrosler's Avatar
    ROM Developer

    Posts
    1,574 Posts
    ROM
    Many

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Be advised, doing the RUU update is quite a few steps but in my opinion is worth the extra effort. I had issues with Nils Business ICS using the patch but being.up the new firmware took care of it. Plus all ICS ROMS will be based on the new firmware anyway. The catch is that its not so easy to go back to GB based ROMS. I would suggest reading the process through and then deciding. Of course you could always do the patch and if it doesn't work as well then try the RUU.
    At this time there is no real benfit. In the fture when the firmware becomes final build I will no longer be including any old firmware patches. Well maybe I will to be nice. But we will see...

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    Can you post a link of the benefits of the leaked ICS firmware please?

    Sent from a J3d¡ M!nd Tr¡ck via Tapatalk
    What he said
    |
    |
    |
    \/

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Don't think there is one..if there is I never read it.

    Benefits include newer firmware (newer is always better right?)

    Newer radios.

    All the ICS ROMs going forward are going to be based on this or the next "latest leak" if there is one so why not upgrade? Gingerbread was fun but for a dual core phone, ICS is where it's at. I think all the bugs have been worked out of the ICS ROMs and the only ones that are still buggy are the ICS/Sense 4.0 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    if your going to flash the patch, pull your sdcard out go into recovery the patch is the cleanrom folder,flash and your good to go
    Its best to flash the patch right after flashing the rom that way you dont have to worry about the PH98IMG.zip issue. The instuctions I posted, if followed verbatim, work perfectly. People just forget to read. I even put the instructions IN the updater script and people still ignore it! Yes, the updater script has instructions too!

    Peace!



    -Scott


    Donations are accepted but not expected!
    Thanked by 2:
    benny3 likes this.
  8. #33  
    WhoMe's Avatar

    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    I finally got in the mood, threw on the headphones and got to the bussiness of unlocking/rooting/rommin my Rezound. I chose CleanRom and I am impressed. It feels factory fast, without the bloat. Hate to use the term, but its clean and it gives you ICS now...RIGHT NOW!

    The process of rooting and romming this phone is nowhere near as daunting as some people make it sound. Follow the directions....exactly and yull have no problems.

    Thank you Scott. Guys like you make the tinkering possible, you make it fun...I appriciate it.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I finally got in the mood, threw on the headphones and got to the bussiness of unlocking/rooting/rommin my Rezound. I chose CleanRom and I am impressed. It feels factory fast, without the bloat. Hate to use the term, but its clean and it gives you ICS now...RIGHT NOW!

    The process of rooting and romming this phone is nowhere near as daunting as some people make it sound. Follow the directions....exactly and yull have no problems.

    Thank you Scott. Guys like you make the tinkering possible, you make it fun...I appriciate it.
    agreed, i was a nervous wreck coming from my DX when it came to unlocking/rooting/romming this phone. it definitely not as bad as it reads, but is also a bit more technical than with my moto DX.

    now my next step is to S-off. Have yet to read up enough on it yet to understand what it would do to my current setup running CR 4.3. i'm happy where i'm at, don't want to lose this rom.
  10. #35  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
    agreed, i was a nervous wreck coming from my DX when it came to unlocking/rooting/romming this phone. it definitely not as bad as it reads, but is also a bit more technical than with my moto DX.

    now my next step is to S-off. Have yet to read up enough on it yet to understand what it would do to my current setup running CR 4.3. i'm happy where i'm at, don't want to lose this rom.
    Just remember that the only REAL benefit to S-Off is that you can go backward on the firmware. So if you're not comfortable with the process maybe stick to HTCDev unlock.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
  11. #36  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Just remember that the only REAL benefit to S-Off is that you can go backward on the firmware. So if you're not comfortable with the process maybe stick to HTCDev unlock.
    yep, i just don't see any real "need" for me to do it right now. i guess i shouldn't say i would be uncomfortable with it. just last week i took my Rezound completely apart and colored my LED's so that the capacitive buttons shine a nice deep dark red instead of the pinkish look they have. if i can do that i'm pretty sure i can handle the s-off procedure just dont see any need right now.
  12. #37  
    xxfallacyxx's Avatar
    Bearded

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Business Sense ICS

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
    agreed, i was a nervous wreck coming from my DX when it came to unlocking/rooting/romming this phone. it definitely not as bad as it reads, but is also a bit more technical than with my moto DX.

    now my next step is to S-off. Have yet to read up enough on it yet to understand what it would do to my current setup running CR 4.3. i'm happy where i'm at, don't want to lose this rom.
    Was the last time you rooted a DX via ADB? You do know there's the Z4 root app that lets you one click root the DX right?
  13. #38  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    Was the last time you rooted a DX via ADB? You do know there's the Z4 root app that lets you one click root the DX right?
    sure do, thats why i said the to root a rezound is a bit more technical. i don't think it could possibly be easier to root a Droid X.
  14. #39  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
    sure do, thats why i said the to root a rezound is a bit more technical. i don't think it could possibly be easier to root a Droid X.
    IMHO, everyone should have at least one phone that forces them to learn the "hard way" of rooting/ROM'ing.

    If every few generations someone didn't try to re-invent the wheel, there'd never be any new wheels.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  15. #40  
    mtbhk44's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    IMHO, everyone should have at least one phone that forces them to learn the "hard way" of rooting/ROM'ing.

    If every few generations someone didn't try to re-invent the wheel, there'd never be any new wheels.
    I've learned an ENORMOUS amount in the last week BECAUSE this device requires you to really investigate everything you do before you do it. I haven't had the command prompt open on this computer more so than I have this week. I've also broken the phone two dozen times and fixed it. Now that we have S-OFF, other than the fear of the vaunted brick, you can fix whatever mistakes you make by RUU'ing back to shipping stock...which ironically is where I am right now.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    To give a little history I bought this phone already rooted and unlocked with S-On w/ BAMF Rom. I then installed the CleanRom 4.3 and absolutely love it Thank you Scott. I am now looking to go forward with S-Off only if I need to update for future ROMs.

    Because I bought this rooted I am learning backwards.....lol With me still learning and still somewhat confused about which firmware I am running after this install of the CleanRom 4.3 and using the CleanRom Tool utility? Can someone assist, explain or point me where or what I need to be reading?

    What I am getting at, is if I do the S-Off and I don't want to botch it or brick my phone with the install prepping for newer ROMs after the official update from Verizon.
  17. #42  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    First, there are 3 current firmwares for the Rezound. The original GB firmware, OTA GB firmware, and ICS leak firmware. I have no idea what version numbers they are but a quick googling should expose them. The ICS leak firmware actually changes internal mount points so going back to GB requires a firmware patch(referred to as "old firmware patch") otherwise some things get wonky.

    I'm not sure how clear that makes anything but feel free to ask some focused questions and we'll get you up to speed on what you want/need to know.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    MrSmith317 thank you for the response. I do know I have or had the OTA GB firmware prior to installing CleanROM 4.3. So after updating to CleanROM and running CleanTool this did not update the firmware? Also in when in HBoot or recovery will that tell me the version of firmware I am in?
  19. #44  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    MrSmith317 thank you for the response. I do know I have or had the OTA GB firmware prior to installing CleanROM 4.3. So after updating to CleanROM and running CleanTool this did not update the firmware? Also in when in HBoot or recovery will that tell me the version of firmware I am in?
    Running CleanTool will not upgrade your firmware. Running the ICS RUU will.

    To find which version you have, go to Menu>settings>about phone>software information>more>Build Number: If you have the newest firmware it will say 3.11.605.22

    thats the ICS RUU.

    If you're still on GB it will say 2.01.605.11
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  20. #45  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Running CleanTool will not upgrade your firmware. Running the ICS RUU will.

    To find which version you have, go to Menu>settings>about phone>software information>more>Build Number: If you have the newest firmware it will say 3.11.605.22

    thats the ICS RUU.

    If you're still on GB it will say 2.01.605.11
    I'm glad someone else keeps all those version numbers handy. Because for once...it wouldn't be me. lol
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  21. #46  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    I'm glad someone else keeps all those version numbers handy. Because for once...it wouldn't be me. lol
    Ha ha!! I had to look them up cause I didn't want to screw it up and look like an idioit
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Woot!!!!! 3.11.605.22.

    I will hold off on the update for S-Off until there is a need. Minus the pull on battery I am very pleased with CleanROM 4.3!!!

    Thanksall
  23. #48  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Please help!!

    I installed the CleanROM and boot.img, but forgot to install the patch. I also did not delete the zip. file. The phone keeps on rebooting. I want to go To Recovery using the Power+ Volume down but automatically goes hboot and want to add the patch. I cannot get to Recovery. Please tell me there is another way.
  24. #49  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default

    This happened to me also and here's how I got around it.

    The easy answer is take the SD card out and using a card reader delete the PH98 file then reinsert and you should be able to boot to recovery.

    If no card reader heres what I did. Take the back off the phone and remove the battery (after you power down) then sort of half remove the SD card...just enough to get it off the connection. Then put the battery in as far as it will go, it won't go all the way cause the SD will be blocking the way. Now boot into recovery making sure the battery does not come off its contacts other wise it will power off. So once in recovery I used a pencil eraser (for the grip) to reinsert the SD card then carefully let the battery go back into place.

    You should now be in recovery with every thing working, one of the menu options for Amon Ra is USB mounts. Connect to your computer and mount the external SD via that menu. Remove the PH98 file and while your there put the software patch you should have flashed before on there if its not there already. Unmount the USB and back up to the main amon ra screen, then go to flash zip and I think you probably know the rest from there.
    Last edited by Wanda; 05-07-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    Thanked by:
  25. #50  

    Default

    Thanks. I saw the solution to use a reader to uninstall the zip file. I thought my wife was going to kill me.




    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B