Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default CleanRom ICS 4.3

    I just installed the CleanRom ICS 4.3 and did the update fiirmware which may not have needed to be done. The install went fine and proceeded to set up Gmail account. Once I got notifications from Gmail my phone is in a constant bootloop.

    Before I did Rom upgrade I did a wipe and factory reset. Please help
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    I just installed the CleanRom ICS 4.3 and did the update fiirmware which may not have needed to be done. The install went fine and proceeded to set up Gmail account. Once I got notifications from Gmail my phone is in a constant bootloop.

    Before I did Rom upgrade I did a wipe and factory reset. Please help
  3. #3  

    Default

    Cleanrom ics 4.3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Did it work
  5. #5  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Can some one tell me it it worked
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    I resolved bootloop by setting up with the default mail app.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    I thought I resolved it. Since once it starts checking for email after setting up the account it will still bootloop. Plus I can not mount my SD card and in HBoot when my ext SD is installed it will not allow me to choose other options other than fastboot.
  8. #8  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    I thought I resolved it. Since once it starts checking for email after setting up the account it will still bootloop. Plus I can not mount my SD card and in HBoot when my ext SD is installed it will not allow me to choose other options other than fastboot.
    If you're not on the ICS leak firmware then you'll have this problem. Either RUU the leak or grab the old firmware patch that should solve these issues.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  9. #9  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    I thought I resolved it. Since once it starts checking for email after setting up the account it will still bootloop. Plus I can not mount my SD card and in HBoot when my ext SD is installed it will not allow me to choose other options other than fastboot.
    Also, since your phone won't read the SD card you may have to do it through your recovery. Boot into recovery, on main menu of Amon-Ra should be USB mount. Plug into your computer and choose this. You should now be able to access the SD card to put the firmware patch on it and then flash it. That should resolve the boot loops. After that I would highly recommend upgrading your firmware via the RUU.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    When I try to mount sd-ext from HBoot will not let me is say I do not have access. Something about: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 (File exist)
  11. #11  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Are you trying to RUU the leak or flash the patch? The RUU you don't need recovery. The patch you will need to get to the SD card in recovery. Try this, boot up as normal and ADB push the patch to your internal SD card or download it directly on the internal. You should be able to see one or the other in recovery.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  12. #12  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Are you trying to RUU the leak or flash the patch? The RUU you don't need recovery. The patch you will need to get to the SD card in recovery. Try this, boot up as normal and ADB push the patch to your internal SD card or download it directly on the internal. You should be able to see one or the other in recovery.
    I read his message as the phone wouldn't see the SD card while in the ROM, can you still push to it even in the phone won't recognize it?

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    When I try to mount sd-ext from HBoot will not let me is say I do not have access. Something about: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 (File exist)
    Don't do it from Hboot, do it from recovery.

    Try this. Power off, pull the battery, batt back in, power on while holding the volume down. From the list of options one should be "recovery"...select that one. It should now boot into Amon-Ra, your recovery...black background with green type. Now you should be able to see the menu that says "mount USB". There are two options, one I think just says mount usb the other may say mount ex-usb. One is your internal SD card (HTC Storage) the ex-usb is your removable SD card...mount that one while plugged into the computer. Take the patch you've downloaded and place it on the root of the card i.e. not in a folder. Now unmount, hit the back button to get to the main menu and go to flash zip menu, then install zip from SD card, then scroll to the patch and select it, confirm it, then it will flash. Exit to the main menu and let it reboot normally into the ROM, you should be good to go.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    I read his message as the phone wouldn't see the SD card while in the ROM, can you still push to it even in the phone won't recognize it?



    Don't do it from Hboot, do it from recovery.

    Try this. Power off, pull the battery, batt back in, power on while holding the volume down. From the list of options one should be "recovery"...select that one. It should now boot into Amon-Ra, your recovery...black background with green type. Now you should be able to see the menu that says "mount USB". There are two options, one I think just says mount usb the other may say mount ex-usb. One is your internal SD card (HTC Storage) the ex-usb is your removable SD card...mount that one while plugged into the computer. Take the patch you've downloaded and place it on the root of the card i.e. not in a folder. Now unmount, hit the back button to get to the main menu and go to flash zip menu, then install zip from SD card, then scroll to the patch and select it, confirm it, then it will flash. Exit to the main menu and let it reboot normally into the ROM, you should be good to go.
    In recovery I got the sd to mount to the computer. I also was able to get CleanRom 4.3 boot up and connected to the computer without bootlooping by not setting up my Gmail accounts.

    Since having both of this options available to me now and thank you both for your instructions and suggestion. What is the best road to take to get CleanRom working. Going back to the Stock RUU and then running CleanRom and patch or find the the latest ICS Leak and RUU and run CleanRom and skip patch?

    Wanda Is this what you are suggesting in your original response? When I went to attempt to download the stock RUU and run it, my image version is 3.11.605.22 to image 1.02.605.6. I stopped to not hose things up worse.

    If I go and find the latest ICS Leak where do I get it?
  14. #14  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    In recovery I got the sd to mount to the computer. I also was able to get CleanRom 4.3 boot up and connected to the computer without bootlooping by not setting up my Gmail accounts.

    Since having both of this options available to me now and thank you both for your instructions and suggestion. What is the best road to take to get CleanRom working. Going back to the Stock RUU and then running CleanRom and patch or find the the latest ICS Leak and RUU and run CleanRom and skip patch?

    Wanda Is this what you are suggesting in your original response? When I went to attempt to download the stock RUU and run it, my image version is 3.11.605.22 to image 1.02.605.6. I stopped to not hose things up worse.

    If I go and find the latest ICS Leak where do I get it?
    If you go the RUU route then you don't need to do the patch. The patch was only for people who did not run the RUU but still wanted to jump to an ICS based ROM.

    The RUU route involves relocking your bootloader, running the RUU update, unlocking again, then re-installing Amon-Ra, then re-rooting. It's a multi-step process that, while not overly difficult, can definitely get problematic. It also completely wipes the INTERNAL SD...not the external but internal so if there's anything you want on there better get it off before you start. I didn't and lost all my Titanium Backups including all 4 versions of my Angry Birds. Let me know if that's the direction you want to take and I'll get the link to the instructions I used...they're very detailed and were written for knuckleheads like me.

    The easiest way, and the way I'd suggest to you for now, is to re-flash CleanROM however after it's flashed and before you boot back into the ROM to set everything backup, you need to flash the patch. This is from Scott's instructions on how to flash it properly.

    Place ROM on SD Card
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    Flash ROM.[HL] When ROM Completes you will have the option to install old firmware patch if needed. It will be located on the SD Card in the CleanROM Folder.[/HL]
    Now you will need to manually boot to bootloader. Do this by selecting Reboot to Bootloader via the Recoveries Development Menu (Amon Ra).
    Device will then boot to fastboot.
    Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
    Reboot
    Profit!

    After you're up and running (I'm going to assume everything flashes fine) don't forget to remove the PH98IMG.zip off your SD card.
    Last edited by Wanda; 04-19-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    The easiest way, and the way I'd suggest to you for now, is to re-flash CleanROM however after it's flashed and before you boot back into the ROM to set everything backup, you need to flash the patch. This is from Scott's instructions on how to flash it properly.

    Place ROM on SD Card
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    Flash ROM.[HL] When ROM Completes you will have the option to install old firmware patch if needed. It will be located on the SD Card in the CleanROM Folder.[/HL]
    Now you will need to manually boot to bootloader. Do this by selecting Reboot to Bootloader via the Recoveries Development Menu (Amon Ra).
    Device will then boot to fastboot.
    Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
    Reboot
    Profit!

    After you're up and running (I'm going to assume everything flashes fine) don't forget to remove the PH98IMG.zip off your SD card.
    There is something I keep doing wrong in this process because it keeps bootlooping when it checks mail after I set up my accounts.
  16. #16  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Did you do the old firmware update? If not look in the CleanROM zip file under SDCard. Flash the zip that's in there and hopefully this will fix your issue.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  17. #17  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    There is something I keep doing wrong in this process because it keeps bootlooping when it checks mail after I set up my accounts.
    Even after a fresh clean install? Are you allowing Google to restore accounts and apps automatically? I would try again but when you boot to the ROM for the first time don't restore or set up anything. Skip everything and don't allow google to back your phone up. Once through all the setup screens it will take it a few minutes to fire up. Then go and add your google account manually.

    Just for clarification, were taking about your Gmail right?
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Wanda and MrSmith Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....

    I am up and running!!!!!!!!! So far...lol

    Here's what I did. After the installing the CleanRom I powered the device down and removed SD card to take off the PH98IMG.zip, I then reboot into Recovery went into the /CleanRom folder to install on firmware patch.

    I have some questions though, should I have left the PH98IMG.zip on the SD to run? Should I then remove it after it does the update?
  19. #19  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    Wanda and MrSmith Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....

    I am up and running!!!!!!!!! So far...lol

    Here's what I did. After the installing the CleanRom I powered the device down and removed SD card to take off the PH98IMG.zip, I then reboot into Recovery went into the /CleanRom folder to install on firmware patch.

    I have some questions though, should I have left the PH98IMG.zip on the SD to run? Should I then remove it after it does the update?
    Yes after PH98IMG.zip updates, you need to remove it from the SD card or else you won't be able to get into recovery.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
    scrosler likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    OK I'm gonna jump in to the ROM, just like when i got my DX with froyo the monkeys on my back and i need to update the phone, I do have one question on the "Old Firmware". If I have a completely stock phone and want to install the CleanRom, is it required to run the old firmware patch?

    thanks in advance
  21. #21  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    If you install the newer versions (anything after 4.3 I belive) you will need the old firmware patch. Scott has baked the patch into the install. So you should see the prompt.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
    scrosler likes this.
  22. #22  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antirice View Post
    OK I'm gonna jump in to the ROM, just like when i got my DX with froyo the monkeys on my back and i need to update the phone, I do have one question on the "Old Firmware". If I have a completely stock phone and want to install the CleanRom, is it required to run the old firmware patch?

    thanks in advance
    Yes. The patch is for people that have not upgraded to the new firmware via the leaked RUU. If you are completely stock then you must flash the patch in addition to the ROM. Or upgrade your firmware by running the RUU.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  23. #23  

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Sooo,
    I have 2 options. Load up the leaked ICS, then load up the CleanROM without having to load the "old firmware" or load the CleanRom and take the extra step and run the "old firmware" patch. Right?
  24. #24  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    Quote Originally Posted by antirice View Post
    Sooo,
    I have 2 options. Load up the leaked ICS, then load up the CleanROM without having to load the "old firmware" or load the CleanRom and take the extra step and run the "old firmware" patch. Right?
    Correct. Only 2 ways to go
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    unklsckness's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

    Default Re: CleanRom ICS 4.3

    I know this is completely separate issue. Does Beats work and if not how can I get it work on CleanRom?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B