Unroot,unlock,and put back to stock.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried now im stuck in the JuopnutBear.

OK - here we go - what part of JPBear are you stuck on? Did it fail and then you got stuck on the green arrow? If so, run the program again. What are you using for the wire trick? Use low grade speaker wire - very low grade. Like what comes with a new stereo system 10 years ago. Make sure you are using the same color wire (white/white red/red black/black, etc). I always failed the first time using this wire, re-ran the program and got success the second time.

What did you do when you got stuck. Give us some detail and I'll try and walk you through it. There are a million problems and solutions on the XDA page and I believe there is an IRC chat somewhere as well.

minionseals2006

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes,Im stuck at green arrow screen,phone is locked with tampered on htc boot screen,not able to go into recovery tried using wire like you said works but then say still sober ,plus im on scotts professional 4.3 rom. will the JPBear even work on this rom and how it is at the moment? I think i messed the phone up.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you battery pull and try to power into your ROM?

You can't know your phone says "tampered" if you're on the green arrow screen. All you needed to do was re-run the JPBear program and try the wire trick again. So now you are in the bootloader?

Did you make sure you are running the correct program to match up with the firmware you are on? (Gingerbread vs ICS). What HBOOT are you on? 2.10 2.11 or .......

Just asking these questions to get a feel for where you are.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
2.11 is GB - make sure you are running the right program.

Keep at it with the timing. You will get it right. They say it's 1.75 seconds between each touch. Personally, my experience with the speaker wire was "1 touch, fail, 1 touch, BEER!". If it fails, do NOT battery pull, just restart the JP program and let it do it's thing.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I should also mention that this shows "S-OFF" but the bootloader shows as locked. If they do happen to check, VZ will have no idea what S-OFF is, but they will see the bootloader is locked so you probably won't have any problems

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Could you walk me through after i download the RUU,please?

I'm not at home - as far as I remember, that link takes you to the download of an .exe file. Just double click on it and follow the instructions. Do not put it on your phone. You run it right from your PC. It will tell you what to do with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2