[How-To] Flash a leaked RUU

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a very well thought out and easy to follow How-To. I'm sure once official ICS hits, Tons of people, including myself, would enjoy a How-To on relocking and stock RUUing.
Hell, you already have one sticky on the ROMing section, might as well get this one up there and go for a three-peat.

#sticky

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a very well thought out and easy to follow How-To. I'm sure once official ICS hits, Tons of people, including myself, would enjoy a How-To on relocking and stock RUUing.
Hell, you already have one sticky on the ROMing section, might as well get this one up there and go for a three-peat.

#sticky

Three might be a bit much. Especially since relocking is a simple "fastboot oem lock"

lonndoggie

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the answer.

It went perfectly, except I didn't seem to need to flash it twice...at least not manually. It seemed to go through flashing twice on its own, and then came up all singing and dancing ICS goodness.

Again--thanks!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
when I boot into the bootloader, it sees the .zip and does two different processes successfully... then it will just sit at the bootloader menu... I then reboot the phone, but nothing is different..

Are you sure you have a full RUU zip file? Did you check the MD5? Lastly is the RUU that you're using older than whatever you have on your phone already? RUU'ing only allows you to go forward, not backward(unless you're S-Off).

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you have a full RUU zip file? Did you check the MD5? Lastly is the RUU that you're using older than whatever you have on your phone already? RUU'ing only allows you to go forward, not backward(unless you're S-Off).

I pretty sure it's the full RUU, (603MB), I downloaded from your link in the instructions...

I checked the MD5 (OK)

I'm running a stock, locked phone..

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I pretty sure it's the full RUU, (603MB), I downloaded from your link in the instructions...

I checked the MD5 (OK)

I'm running a stock, locked phone..

Ok that leak is not the newest, just so you know. Just to be sure, you rename it PH98IMG.zip (match the case) and ensure that when copying it to /sdcard2/ that there isn't a second .zip extension.

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok that leak is not the newest, just so you know. Just to be sure, you rename it PH98IMG.zip (match the case) and ensure that when copying it to /sdcard2/ that there isn't a second .zip extension.

could you point me to the newest?

there is only one .zip extension

The file name case is correct..

it goes through a process of "loading", then another process of "checking" then it sends me back to hboot, but never reboots itself..

p98.jpg

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site

I was just about to respond - if you are running a windows machine and name this file PH98IMG.zip it will actually name it PH98IMG.zip.zip. Just name it PH98IMG - it's a zip file already so the phone will read it as a zip b/c the extension will automatically be in there. Then try it again. It should take it immediately.

Let us know how you do.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh lol maybe I did have the latest leak in the OP..Hmmmm . Can you try to catch what's going on in HBOOT? I mean other than the fact that it's not working, everything is setup right or at least it appears to be.

yeah in HBOOT is says
PH98DIAG.zip
No Image.....
PH98DIAG.nbh
No Image...

Loading PH98IMG.zip (during this time a verticle progress bar is on the screen near the right hand bezel)

Then;
Checking PH98IMG.zip (during this time another verticle progress bar)

Then it simply goes back to the HBoot screen...

I checked the MD5 with a windows program called "fastsum" and it was ok...

but as you can see from my screen shot from astro file manager, the MD5 is different.. could that be the issue? does astro give an accurate reading?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea if Astro does a good MD5 or not but I would download the file again from a different mirror and see if that helps. I'll grab a copy and post it up on my site and hopefully one or the other will work. In any case we'll get you going.

Reactions: kstoutdog

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon