[How-To] Flash a leaked RUU

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Phone started up fine after flashing once (no battery pull involved). However, I could not get HBOOT for the second flashing. Checked the interwebs, seems our HTC Sensation brethren were having the same problem. Solution = battery pull. lawl.

Anyway, pulled battery and was able to get the second HBOOT to kick off in 0.2 nanoseconds.
Android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6

It's a beautiful thing -- thanks for the most excellent how-to :cool:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to be super sure and sound like a noob...

All you have to be is locked to update to a newer ruu, you do not have to be on stock rom or Recovery?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just to be super sure and sound like a noob...

All you have to be is locked to update to a newer ruu, you do not have to be on stock rom or Recovery?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

For me: phone was not rooted, not unlocked, not s-off'ed... none of that stuff. It was just a stock Rezound, right out of the box.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just curious ... did any of you guys do a factory reset after flashing the RUU twice? I did not do a factory reset, but I haven't noticed any bugs either. Any major reason I should do a factory reset now?

Thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
no, if you didnt do it before and things are fine, don't bother. If things get weird later, that is the first thing to do though. I would say that you should got into recovery and fix permissions and see what happens

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
I have a question......does it have to be flashed twice? I have done once and seems to be working ok, I am new to all of this and this is my first time flashing...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
I have a question......does it have to be flashed twice? I have done once and seems to be working ok, I am new to all of this and this is my first time flashing...

I'm not one to confirm it HAS TO be flashed twice, but I did flash twice based on reports about problems from others. It took only another 15 minutes; so, why not?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Mine flashed twice by itself. Sooooo......

Sense 4 is better than Sense whatever else.

< edit > nevermind, twolastnames ... i just noticed your post in the same thread. :)

lol. seeing your signature, i have to ask -- are you planning on rooting & flashing a ROM that includes Sense 4 onto your Rezound? :D

i, myself, am keeping my eye on the ROM mentioned here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...177406-newts-one-xxx-rls-1-a.html#post1821906
http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...177406-newts-one-xxx-rls-1-a.html#post1821906

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have another question....when I connect bluetooth my headset and phone identify themselves using voice, before the flash the phone said rezound after the flash it says the model number.....anyway to change this?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have another question....when I connect bluetooth my headset and phone identify themselves using voice, before the flash the phone said rezound after the flash it says the model number.....anyway to change this?

Under your bluetooth settings you can rename the device. Since they're already paired, you'll need to unpair/re-pair in order to have it say the new name in your headset.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
One other thing I have noticed in ICS is that the screen is a bit slow to wake up from sleep sometimes. The screen is very dark after pressing the power button - I can barely make out the unlock ring onscreen. After about 10 seconds, the screen will be at normal brightness.

Am I the only one?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the ICS leak about one this morning, and am really enjoying it. The only bug I have with it is that for some reason it will not recognize my home network for wi-fi. I can enter the password(at least a dozen times) but still a no- go I am starting to get a bit frustrated. Had absolutely no problem before with GB..

Last edited:

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the RUU and what an amazing experience! Seriously if you're on the fence about doing it, don't sweat it. This is the best thing you could do for your Rez.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so from what I understand: Backing up is just for the apps on the phone? I am at work and I want to do this now but have no way to connect to a computer. So do I NEED to do a back up? Yes, I am a new to this...