Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gonna do it

    Okay I decided to do this rooting thing. How long will it take or should I just alott a whole day to deal with it

    Peace
    Leozdad
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
    Wanda likes this.
  2. #2  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Unlocking about 10-15 minutes depending on how quick you get the email from HTCDev.

    Rooting about 5 minutes if you're good with fastboot.

    ROM'ing will take however long it takes for you to settle on one...if you do.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  3. #3  
    Wanda's Avatar

    Posts
    1,460 Posts
    ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    Okay I decided to do this rooting thing. How long will it take or should I just alott a whole day to deal with it

    Peace
    Leozdad
    Not long. It took me maybe an hour but only because I'm not real familiar with command prompts. Also when I did it there weren't that many well laid out guides.

    It's painless.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Unlock to root, took me nearly an hour and a half but a good half hour of that was spent in a paranoid state, praying that I wouldn't screw the pooch.
    tmettler5 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    spent in a paranoid state, praying that I wouldn't screw the pooch.
    EXACTLY why i figure a whole day

    I think i got everything ready to go !? now for enough time
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    EXACTLY why i figure a whole day

    I think i got everything ready to go !? now for enough time
    You'll be alright, it will go quicker than you think. I think 90mins is the worst case timeline for you.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Unlocking about 10-15 minutes depending on how quick you get the email from HTCDev.

    Rooting about 5 minutes if you're good with fastboot.

    ROM'ing will take however long it takes for you to settle on one...if you do.
    I think i am going to start with scotts cleanrom, seems safe enough beginning, but i still need to read up on the other ones out there ive heard of
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Whew!!! well i freakin did it. Took me about 3 hours. I think its right, seems to be running ok at this point, i can make phone calls.

    I do have one thing .... scotts cleanrom doesn't have the verizon backup assist program on the rom. Anyone know where i can get it? i lost all my contacts
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  9. #9  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    You mean you don't store your contacts on Google? yikes..lol . I'm fairly sure someone else needed this and it's posted in his thread somewhere. Or if you still have the latest leak RUU .zip file I can tell you how to pull it out of there.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You mean you don't store your contacts on Google? yikes..lol . I'm fairly sure someone else needed this and it's posted in his thread somewhere. Or if you still have the latest leak RUU .zip file I can tell you how to pull it out of there.
    do you mean the unrooted ics leak i used to get ics before i rooted my phone, i still have that, please tell me how to get it from there I learned my lesson about the google thing
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You mean you don't store your contacts on Google? yikes..lol . I'm fairly sure someone else needed this and it's posted in his thread somewhere. Or if you still have the latest leak RUU .zip file I can tell you how to pull it out of there.
    tell me how please
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  12. #12  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    tell me how please
    Here is what I did many moons ago. There may be an easier way now, but I still have a copy for emergencies.

    Export from Verizon: Exporting Contacts to a Comma Separated Values (*.csv) File - Backup Assistant Plus Website

    Import to google: Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

    Delete the contacts that you have on the phone (if they were already backed up because you will get duplicates) and then sync the contacts with gmail.
    Thanked by:
    leozdad likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    It sounds like the easiest way to do it that way I won't have to flash a new rom I hope it works thanks for your help

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  14. #14  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    tell me how please
    You need a copy of UNYAFFS

    Once you have that and your RUU zip. Unzip the RUU and you should have a bunch of files, one of the being system.img. Copy unyaffs to the same directory that you unzipped the RUU to. Pull up a command prompt. CD to wherever you stored the RUU (and unyaffs). In the command prompt type "unyaffs system.img" It will explode the image(WARNING THIS COULD BE >2GB), go under the newly created system/app directory and find these apk files
    ba-syncservice-app-signed.apk
    VzWBAClient.apk

    Copy them to the /system/app directory on your phone and reboot. You should be all good from there.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
    leozdad likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Here is what I did many moons ago. There may be an easier way now, but I still have a copy for emergencies.

    Export from Verizon: Exporting Contacts to a Comma Separated Values (*.csv) File - Backup Assistant Plus Website

    Import to google: Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

    Delete the contacts that you have on the phone (if they were already backed up because you will get duplicates) and then sync the contacts with gmail.
    Wow that was really quick, got all my contact numbers back and stored on good ole google.

    Thank you so much, that saved me a great deal of time. it only took a minute to do.
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You need a copy of UNYAFFS

    Once you have that and your RUU zip. Unzip the RUU and you should have a bunch of files, one of the being system.img. Copy unyaffs to the same directory that you unzipped the RUU to. Pull up a command prompt. CD to wherever you stored the RUU (and unyaffs). In the command prompt type "unyaffs system.img" It will explode the image(WARNING THIS COULD BE >2GB), go under the newly created system/app directory and find these apk files
    ba-syncservice-app-signed.apk
    VzWBAClient.apk

    Copy them to the /system/app directory on your phone and reboot. You should be all good from there.
    Thanks mr smith, i used piizzadudes method of doing it online, but i gotta ask, just how is it you come to know what files will give me what i want? I find that knowledge quite amazing
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  17. #17  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    Thanks mr smith, i used piizzadudes method of doing it online, but i gotta ask, just how is it you come to know what files will give me what i want? I find that knowledge quite amazing
    Honestly it's not that good/bad. Supporting Scott in the early Rezound days I did a lot of APK research and still have my list of all Rezound APKs and what they are.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You need a copy of UNYAFFS

    Once you have that and your RUU zip. Unzip the RUU and you should have a bunch of files, one of the being system.img. Copy unyaffs to the same directory that you unzipped the RUU to. Pull up a command prompt. CD to wherever you stored the RUU (and unyaffs). In the command prompt type "unyaffs system.img" It will explode the image(WARNING THIS COULD BE >2GB), go under the newly created system/app directory and find these apk files
    ba-syncservice-app-signed.apk
    VzWBAClient.apk

    Copy them to the /system/app directory on your phone and reboot. You should be all good from there.
    Really DA question here. what is the ruu you speak of. i have the ICS leak, and i have scotts cleanrom pro, and a bamf rom. when i put in the ics rom into my directory and execute the command i get a system violation notice and a stackdump thingy in the command propmpt screen. what am i doing wrong?
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  19. #19  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    Really DA question here. what is the ruu you speak of. i have the ICS leak, and i have scotts cleanrom pro, and a bamf rom. when i put in the ics rom into my directory and execute the command i get a system violation notice and a stackdump thingy in the command propmpt screen. what am i doing wrong?
    The RUU is the ICS leak. It should be zipped. Unzip it and you'll get a bunch of files. You need to unyaffs the system.img file.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    The RUU is the ICS leak. It should be zipped. Unzip it and you'll get a bunch of files. You need to unyaffs the system.img file.
    I did unzip it to the same folder as unyaffs, i execute the command unyaffs system.img and i get ; 127 [main] unyaffs 5792 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIO
    N
    139587 [main] unyaffs 5792 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to unyaffs.e
    xe.stackdump

    i redownloaded the unyaffs file and redid that to no avail any idea what could be wrong? you did say to unzip and put it n the same folder and the unzipped ruu?
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  21. #21  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    I did unzip it to the same folder as unyaffs, i execute the command unyaffs system.img and i get ; 127 [main] unyaffs 5792 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIO
    N
    139587 [main] unyaffs 5792 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to unyaffs.e
    xe.stackdump

    i redownloaded the unyaffs file and redid that to no avail any idea what could be wrong? you did say to unzip and put it n the same folder and the unzipped ruu?
    Nope, it worked for me. I'll dropbox the files and PM you the link
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Nope, it worked for me. I'll dropbox the files and PM you the link
    And all i have to do is put them in my system\app\ folder on my phone then reboot right? will i have to install them then or will they already be installed when i reboot
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Nope, it worked for me. I'll dropbox the files and PM you the link
    Someone has send me the files I needed the backup assistant won't install on this rom I guess I'll have to reflash another rom to get my backup assistant

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Peace
    Leozdad

    Don't look for a way to make money.
    Find a way to make a living doing what you like to do anyway.
    Otherwise you're just raising ransom to buy back your life

    Rezounding Vigor Rocks!
  24. #24  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    My question is why? Once you have the contacts in google, there is nothing that you cannot do to them there that you can do to them in VZW backup assistant...
  25. #25  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    My question is why? Once you have the contacts in google, there is nothing that you cannot do to them there that you can do to them in VZW backup assistant...
    I agree but some people don't want to use Google to store their contacts. Once I found out how convenient it was, I never did anything else. But that's me.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions