Current Rom Comparisons

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Aright i have not seen a thread like this(or at least not in a while).

I just unlocked and rooted(on latest leak) and want to taste some of the good life. Of the current roms, what does everyone use and like? I have always thought i would go with scotts cleamrom, but i know many use bamf and sense4 roms. What experiences has everyone had and what is your DD? What do you look for and find that you do and dont like in roms?

Dont be afraid to express your opinions, but please do so in a way that is not offending to devs ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using ReROM S4 2.1. Its a very high quality Sense 4 ROM. I've tried the Ivysaur ROM and though its a very nice ROM as well RezROM just suits my better. If your looking for some Sense 4 goodness I'd start there.

If sense 3.6 is more your game I always love what Nils does with his Business Sense ROMS. They're always very high quality and themed so its a break from the standard icons and general appearance. RezROM Sense 3.6 is also a great ROM. Everything is very fluid and everything works.

Now, what do I look for in a ROM...personally I look for overall stability, fluidity (the least amount of lag possible) and I like ROM chefs who don't abandon their work. Obviously some devs change devices and what not but there are a couple core devs that pump out updates, sometimes a bit too fast lol. I also have to have certain features working like wifi, exchange, camera....everything else is pretty much negotiable.

Since you've rooted your nandroid is your passport to the wild world of serial flashing!! Don't like a particular rom, restore your nandroid an move on to the next one. That's what makes rooting and flashing so much fun!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally like to use mostly 3rd party apps for everything, launcher, browser, etc. So I'm a big fan of scotts cleanROM developer edition. It's small, and I don't feel bad putting Nova on top of it. I ran 3 different sense4 roms, and I really like Sense4, but I hate the 4x4 grid. If someone can do a 5x5 or 6x6 mod for Rosie, I would probably use it daily.

RezRom is my favorite S3.6 Rom, it "felt" the best to me, but I still put Nova on top of it. Not gonna lie though, as soon as AOKP is done, I'm probably jumping ship to that.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on RezROM S4 2.5...love it. I have used RezROM 3.4, and Scott's CleanRom DE. Love the S4, though. Starting to feel like I am experiencing what this device could be.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wanda covered the gamut of expectations, selection and features pretty much in line with my own. My rom odyessey thus far. BAMF Cubed> BAMF ICS> Innefabilis, which was dismissed from service on Sat. Now, I'm really digging the replacement. l'll rock this badazzmofo, for awhile to come.
If_Venusaur_was_my_dad_by_nekoama.jpg

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on RezROM S4 2.5...love it. I have used RezROM 3.4, and Scott's CleanRom DE. Love the S4, though. Starting to feel like I am experiencing what this device could be.

Does rezrom have the Verizon backup assistant app on it?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much what wanda said with the exception of I am on Venasaur ROM and love it. Have since the first version of the ROM. Sometime soon, the 4th version will be out and it will absolutely be the best one yet. For those who need bluetooth, it is finally 100% fixed, and there are a ton of tweaks. I couple that with the real icons theme and bam! great looking and functional rom.

Like the others have stated, you have too look for a dev that is not going to jump ship right away. I say that if it is more than 2 months between updates, you gotta wonder. The dev for Venasaur has other devices but apparently his GF hates him, gets no sleep and generally does nothing but put out ROMs for a few devices. (mostly kidding Joelz).

I think that he will support it until there is nowhere left to go or until he bricks his phone entirely.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what wanda said with the exception of I am on Venasaur ROM and love it. Have since the first version of the ROM. Sometime soon, the 4th version will be out and it will absolutely be the best one yet. For those who need bluetooth, it is finally 100% fixed, and there are a ton of tweaks. I couple that with the real icons theme and bam! great looking and functional rom.

Like the others have stated, you have too look for a dev that is not going to jump ship right away. I say that if it is more than 2 months between updates, you gotta wonder. The dev for Venasaur has other devices but apparently his GF hates him, gets no sleep and generally does nothing but put out ROMs for a few devices. (mostly kidding Joelz).

I think that he will support it until there is nowhere left to go or until he bricks his phone entirely.

Venasaur is wicked, wish I would've jumped on it earlier.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Does rezrom have the Verizon backup assistant app on it?

My money would be on yes. I'm sure it is included in it for your personal removal or keepsake to use and love. I personally loathe the thing but to each his own, I guess.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My money would be on yes. I'm sure it is included in it for your personal removal or keepsake to use and love. I personally loathe the thing but to each his own, I guess.

I would have no problem with the thing if it would allow you to turn the updating off completely and just backup when you want it to, but that is not the case.

I am going to try Scotts pro Rom first just cause I know its a popular virgin Rom. Next might be venasaur after that sense yall like it.

I posted in other threads about my issue with flashing clean Rom. I'm sure IRS nothing other than ignorance on my part, but I am having trouble none the less

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

JustSomeDudeHere

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Ineffabilis-Deus yet. I've been trying a bunch of roms, but always come back to it for the sheer speed and stability. I find it even faster and more stable than Scott's CleanRom DE (which isn't a bad choice either).

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Ineffabilis-Deus yet. I've been trying a bunch of roms, but always come back to it for the sheer speed and stability. I find it even faster and more stable than Scott's CleanRom DE (which isn't a bad choice either).

I used ineffabilis Sense 3.6 for quite a while but after I went to Sense 4.0 I never really wanted to go backwards.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I did, but Venasaur chewed it up and spit it out. I-D is still is the snappiest of my little used bunch, thus far.

woodyt74

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running Scott's CleanRom Pro 4.2 and love it but after this discussion I'm looking at the Venasaur ROM. I'm s-on with the ICS leak 3.11.605.22 so is this just a straight wipe and flash after nandroid and Ti backups? Thanks.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just want to make something clear to anyone that reads this. As of right now, sense 4 Roms have quitw a few bugs. None of them have working.Bluetooth as far as I know.

Joelz claims to have this fixed in pkmn 4.0 (charmander) and that should be released soon so we will see.

Ive only used cleanrom and cleanrom pro so far on sense 3.6. It's just so damn good. I dont have any issues ever and get amazing.battery life. I'm gonna be trying rezrom this weekend.

Rezound, s-off, loving it.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just want to make something clear to anyone that reads this. As of right now, sense 4 Roms have quitw a few bugs. None of them have working.Bluetooth as far as I know.

Joelz claims to have this fixed in pkmn 4.0 (charmander) and that should be released soon so we will see.

Ive only used cleanrom and cleanrom pro so far on sense 3.6. It's just so damn good. I dont have any issues ever and get amazing.battery life. I'm gonna be trying rezrom this weekend.

Rezound, s-off, loving it.

If Joel said he fixed it then he fixed it. I don't think he'd put something like that out there without it being for real.

Either of the RezROMs will be awesome. I just flashed S4 2.5 last night and I'm loving it! I don't use BT so it not working doesn't bother me but I could see how it would suck for others that have to have it. Still, that not withstanding, it's a kick ass ROM.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow I'm so glad I have read this LOL

I'm sure not going to 4.0 Yet until someone fixes the Bluetooth as I rely on it heavily in my traveling to and from work.

Of course this just confuses me even more LOL with all the option out there. I do also wish someone would make a 5x5 or a something as I could fit i think all my widgets on 1 screen along with the calendar.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed clean rom pro and holy crap the difference is amazing. Not leaps and bounds, but very noticeable. I should have done this root thing a long time ago lol

Only thing i I'm not sure i can link my contacts facebook pictures in the phone book, but i guess i can do without...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed clean rom pro and holy crap the difference is amazing. Not leaps and bounds, but very noticeable. I should have done this root thing a long time ago lol

Only thing i I'm not sure i can link my contacts facebook pictures in the phone book, but i guess i can do without...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Why can't you?

When I sign in to FB for the first time after flashing a new ROM it always asks if I want to sync my contacts with my FB contacts....when I say yes it puts them all together in my "people" app and after you link them if there's duplicates it display's their FB profile picturead their contact picture. Even updates their "live feed" if I let it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie