***Please Help*** Urgent! May have bricked

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Already unlocked and rooted my Rezound. Then tried installing this rom Scott's ROMS - {Rezound} - CleanROM Standard / Pro 4.5 is out!!
Went into fastboot where it says Parsing...(SD ZIP) (1) BOOT Do you want to update clicked both yes and no and after that it says press power to reboot. This is where it goes to the htc screen and then stays on a black screen. I have made a nandroid backup before all of this but can no longer get to the recovery menu without taking the sd card out, which means I don't have the backup. Any help on either getting back to stock or finishing the flashing would be very very appreciated. Thanks!!

EDIT: Post #27 will show anyone else with this problem how to fix it

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok nothing is terribly wrong. if you were to take the card out, you will get it to boot up without issue. Once you do that, go into options and uncheck fastboot.

Do you have another card reader? If so stick your sd card in there and delete the phXXX.img file. Put it back in your phone and you are done

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I deleted to phXXX.img file from my computer w/ a card reader and did a nandroid restore but have had no luck getting it to power up still. Although now i can get into the fastboot menus with the sd card in if that helps.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I deleted to phXXX.img file from my computer w/ a card reader and did a nandroid restore but have had no luck getting it to power up still. Although now i can get into the fastboot menus with the sd card in if that helps.

So you're nandroid restore is bad too?

I'd try downloading another ROM and try flashing that. Use either the card reader to get the ROM on the SD card for flashing or if you can get into recovery you should see an option on the main screen that says "USB" or something to that effect. Select that and you can then mount and unmount your SD card while in recovery.

Then do some thorough wiping...Factory Reset, data, cache, Dalvik Cache. Wipe them all twice if you think it will help. Flash the ROM, flash the kernel through Hboot, then as soon as the ROM boots and you're done with the setup, delete the PH98IMG file off your SD card.

Reactions: -Droid-

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Your still good.

So let me get this right. You were on GB, then you rooted & unlocked, but you did not s-off correct? Then you went right to Scotts rom (over top of the stock GB).

If that is the steps you took, what you had/have is a firmware mismatch. The best thing you can do right now is flash the stock RUU and start with a clean slate.

Hook up the phone to the computer and run this: FileFactory Premium

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I'd try downloading another ROM and try flashing that. Use either the card reader to get the ROM on the SD card for flashing or if you can get into recovery you should see an option on the main screen that says "USB" or something to that effect. Select that and you can then mount and unmount your SD card while in recovery.

Then do some thorough wiping...Factory Reset, data, cache, Dalvik Cache. Wipe them all twice if you think it will help. Flash the ROM, flash the kernel through Hboot, then as soon as the ROM boots and you're done with the setup, delete the PH98IMG file off your SD card.

It isn't bad, with the firmware mismatch, things get goofy with nandroid.

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to try one last nandroid backup with everything checked then if that doesn't work would factory reset and wiping everything at least put me back to stock? Or do I need to flash the ROM?

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Your still good.

So let me get this right. You were on GB, then you rooted & unlocked, but you did not s-off correct? Then you went right to Scotts rom (over top of the stock GB).

If that is the steps you took, what you had/have is a firmware mismatch. The best thing you can do right now is flash the stock RUU and start with a clean slate.

Hook up the phone to the computer and run this: FileFactory Premium
So by running this RUU do you mean putting it on the root of the sd, then hit recovery, then flash zip menu and select this one? and Thank you for helping so far, as I'm a complete noob at this :(

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try one last nandroid backup with everything checked then if that doesn't work would factory reset and wiping everything at least put me back to stock? Or do I need to flash the ROM?

If you do have a hardware mismatch then you should load up a GB based ROM.

Do you know where i can get a stock RUU and really, thank you for helping so far. I'm a complete noob at this :(

Here you go. This is from XDA...get the third one down.

FileFactory Folder View - Vigor

If you're going to flash an RUU you're going to have to lock the phone via HTC Devlock, then run the RUU (make sure you run it twice), then re-unlock, then re-root. It will also erase your internal SD storage so make sure you make a backup of everything on there first!!

It sounds harder than it really is...probably takes an hour or two from start to finish, not counting download times.

If I were you I'd try the GB based ROM flash first and if that doesn't work then go with the RUU but that's just me...I'm lazy.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, sorry if I linked to the wrong file. That is where I thought I was sending him/her.

You can do what I said and just connect the phone to the PC, then launch the RUU on your computer (it will do all the installing for you)

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So by running this RUU do you mean putting it on the root of the sd, then hit recovery, then flash zip menu and select this one? and Thank you for helping so far, as I'm a complete noob at this :(

No. First, I think you have to be locked to run an RUU so you're going to have to re-lock your bootloader.

To run an RUU you have to download it, rename it to PH98IMG.zip then put it on your SD card. Power phone off, power back on with the down volume button held down. It should boot to Hboot, it will then scan your SD card and find your RUU (the PH98IMG.zip file) and will ask you if you want to run it. Select yes and you'll be off to the races.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You can do what I said and just connect the phone to the PC, then launch the RUU on your computer (it will do all the installing for you)

Hmm, really? Never tried that...pretty cool! Learned my one thing for the day :)

Edit: Its like a race to see who can help this guy first lol!

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So confused on what to do. For some reason the link wasn't giving me an application and only a .exe file, unless that's what it's supposed to be. So I followed these instructions and in step 2 when in the application I'm getting Error 140: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR. Tried unlocking the bootloader again and I'm getting ERROR 155: UNKNOWN ERROR. Any more help on what to do before a blow $200 on a used rezound would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So confused on what to do. For some reason the link wasn't giving me an application and only a .exe file, unless that's what it's supposed to be. So I followed these instructions and in step 2 when in the application I'm getting Error 140: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR. Tried unlocking the bootloader again and I'm getting ERROR 155: UNKNOWN ERROR. Any more help on what to do before a blow $200 on a used rezound would be greatly appreciated.

Your phone is not bricked. The RUU should have been an exe file, then you rename it to exactly PH98IMG.ZIP

Lock your bootloader. Make sure there isnt any other file called that on your sd card. Then place the one you just renamed on the root of your sd card not in any folder or anything. Then power off. Pull the battery just for good measure. Reinstall battery, power on while holding the volume down button. Give it at least 45 seconds after its booted and it will scan your sd card and find the Ph98 file. It should then ask if you want to update. Say yes and let it do its thing. It may take up to 30 minutes or more for it to run. After its done run it again just to be safe. You should now be good to go. Delete the PH98 file off your sd card as soon as possible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Your phone is not bricked. The RUU should have been an exe file, then you rename it to exactly PH98IMG.ZIP

Lock your bootloader. Make sure there isnt any other file called that on your sd card. Then place the one you just renamed on the root of your sd card not in any folder or anything. Then power off. Pull the battery just for good measure. Reinstall battery, power on while holding the volume down button. Give it at least 45 seconds after its booted and it will scan your sd card and find the Ph98 file. It should then ask if you want to update. Say yes and let it do its thing. It may take up to 30 minutes or more for it to run. After its done run it again just to be safe. You should now be good to go. Delete the PH98 file off your sd card as soon as possible.

Just to be clear, the RUU should NOT be a .EXE, it should be a .zip. The .EXE version of the RUU should be run from your computer. The .ZIP RUU should be flashed in HBOOT as Wanda stated above.

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, the RUU should NOT be a .EXE, it should be a .zip. The .EXE version of the RUU should be run from your computer. The .ZIP RUU should be flashed in HBOOT as Wanda stated above.

My bad.

-Droid-

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Just tried that but it's not asking me to update. Unless I don't have the right version. Do you or anyone else have any links to where I can download the stock RUU .ZIP ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10