Root and get free hotspot?

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Just making sure you can get free wifi hotspot on 4G if you root this phone?

I wanted to get another Moto but $ is tight and I have to get something before the 28th... I wish I'd looked at this phone sooner but I guess at least it is at a better price now.

Plus the dang battery comes out :)

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, looks like these igits thought all of that out.

The ultimate goal was to put this phone on a stand alone voice plan and retain my unlimited data, and even do an assumption of liability into my name. I was told this was fine by several people but had a guy check with a supervisor tonight and they said I would be treated as a "new customer" and have to take current (January 2013) plans, so I would lose my stuff.

At&t and employee discount here I come!

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I understand...January 2013 plans?

Also, people on forums are reporting that you can AOL and keep unlimited data still.

Froggy40

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Justin1578, I'm here in Louisiana also and they tried telling me I could not be grandfathered into my old plans. I immediately asked for the manager and gave her my customer loyalty speak. I'm still a Verizon customer, but are you trying to upgrade the phone contract before it's time? Because I dont see why they won't do that for you....what led me to this thread is I'm thinking of rooting my rezound, but I'm curious if wifi-hotspot is available and free on a rooted rezound??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol