Can u school me on my new ReZound?

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well..the title says it all..I'm new to this phone came from the incredible..HTC. I wanted to stick with the brand so I chose the Rezound..plus I liked it better than the motorola newest phone. Not too much different from the incredible which I loved but chose ReZound again or incredible 4g ..
So now in here...asking u ...what more can I do with this Rezound? I'm the average person ...school me.
:)

sent from this old school ReZound! no ICS :'(

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
What do you want to do? All the cool kids are rooting...don't you wanna be cool too? C'mon, it'll make you feel good...your parents won't find out, I swear.

Seriously though, what do you want the phone to do?

Reactions: lilmyssSlim

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What can be done..what can be done by the average joe..what is beneficial of rooting for me?

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Rooting will let you tether, install custom ROMs which don't have Verizon bloatware, play with ICS, block ads, ...that's the main benefits I suppose.

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if I knew or saw what it could do.. hmm. Guess maybe I should read more on.the matter. :(

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Rooting will let you tether, install custom ROMs which don't have Verizon bloatware, play with ICS, block ads, ...that's the main benefits I suppose.

Ok...kinda like having a clean new system like when I factory reset my laptop? I install all apps over..I never new DOS or programming so.I be screwed

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok...kinda like having a clean new system like when I factory reset my laptop? I install all apps over..I never new DOS or programming so.I be screwed

Pretty easy as long as you follow guides and have a decent common sense. Stock the biggest difference between the Inc 4G and rezound is the rebounds screen is better and the Inc processor is better. That and the rezound has sense 3.6 and the Inc sense 4. You can get sense 4 on the rezound if you rom or though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Rezound last month as well. My first Android phone was the OG Incredible, and I loved that phone. Wanted 4G on my unlimited plan, so I switched to the LG Revolution. Big mistake! Bought the Rezound after comparing everything else Verizon had to offer.

What can you do with it? What can't you do? This processor can handle most anything you throw at it, so you can play some great games. Beats audio is great. Definitely worth keeping your music stored on your sd card to use the HTC Music app. And of course, there is the above average camera.

Root your phone and throw a custom rom on it to enjoy ICS. I am currently running Clean Rom on mine, and it works great.

My Rezound is my phone, webcam, email, text, pedometer, fitness coach, radio, news feed, wireless modem, camera/camcorder, game console, daily planner, GPS navigation, and portable library all rolled into one. The question is not so much "What can you do with it?", as it is "What do you want it to do?" To list all the things this, or really any other Android device, can do, would take quite some time, and there are always innovative developers figuring out more that hasn't been done yet.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Rezound last month as well. My first Android phone was the OG Incredible, and I loved that phone. Wanted 4G on my unlimited plan, so I switched to the LG Revolution. Big mistake! Bought the Rezound after comparing everything else Verizon had to offer.

What can you do with it? What can't you do? This processor can handle most anything you throw at it, so you can play some great games. Beats audio is great. Definitely worth keeping your music stored on your sd card to use the HTC Music app. And of course, there is the above average camera.

Root your phone and throw a custom rom on it to enjoy ICS. I am currently running Clean Rom on mine, and it works great.

My Rezound is my phone, webcam, email, text, pedometer, fitness coach, radio, news feed, wireless modem, camera/camcorder, game console, daily planner, GPS navigation, and portable library all rolled into one. The question is not so much "What can you do with it?", as it is "What do you want it to do?" To list all the things this, or really any other Android device, can do, would take quite some time, and there are always innovative developers figuring out more that hasn't been done yet.

This just needs to be repeated....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the top of the main forum for the rezound, you will see a section on rooting, click that and then at the top of that page is a detailed walkthrough on how to root the rezound. It isn't all that hard of a process.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.