Suggestions with wifi

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Rooted and unlocked thanks to Mr Smith today. My nook color will not recognize any wifi now though besides the stock wifi hotspot VZW offers. I was going to cancel this service because only reason I rooted was for free wifi. My laptop connects just fine. Any suggestions?

Do I need to put a certain ROM on my phone to allow certian devices to tether?

Last edited:

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
check XDA. I have a rooted nook color as well, and it does not connect to wireless tether. It is an issue with the Nook. The fix that I read was way to complicated for me to try. I might have to reread it again, but as a mac user I don't believe I can. Also my nook took the latest B&N update and needs to be rooted again. I may just go back to CM7 with it. It would connect to my rezound with CM7.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My hp touchpad does not connect either now :( I dunno whats up. Ill look back over on xda. Right now I am just rooting through sd card, I think I want to CM7 it though.

Do I need to download a different radio or anyything?

Last edited:

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Radio for the nook? No. I'll be honest, I used to use CM7 on it, but it is painfully slow as a tablet, and I just use it to play movies for the kids (rip mp4 files from a dvd using handbrake) and a few market games. Even FB on it is painfully slow. The only good reason for me to run CM7 on it is to be able to use MLB at bat on it, but now that MLB has blocked location spoofing, I can no longer get around the blackout restrictions. So, back to stock rooted so I can let my kids use it, and read books on it as well.