List of apps ok to remove?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So I followed Mr. Smith's guide and now I am rooted (thanks again). At this moment I am ok with running stock rooted, but I was wondering what apps were ok to remove. Perhaps we could make a list and have it sticky'ed?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
blockbuster
Hot Pursuit
Let's Golf 2 HD
Mobile Hotspot
NFL Mobile
Slacker Radio
V CAST Music
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigator
Watch
Watch Widget

are the ones I have disabled. You can disable more, but, it all depends on which services, you want to use or not use.

Reactions: Bond32

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use RomToolbox Pro, when I try to freeze it it just hangs. Suppose I will need to use a different root explorer.

anon(862866)

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you are not 100% sure about removing an app, just use Titanium Backup to "Freeze" the app. You can try using your phone for a while to see how things work, and if something messes up, you can always go back into Titanium Backup and un-Freeze aka "Defrost" the app.

And like someone else mentioned, definitely just do a full backup of your apps/data using Titanium.

Alternatively, if you ever change your mind about running rooted Stock, there are (as I'm sure you know) plenty of de-bloated ROMs out there! I'm currently running CleanROM, so if you have any questions about that one, let me know!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you are not 100% sure about removing an app, just use Titanium Backup to "Freeze" the app. You can try using your phone for a while to see how things work, and if something messes up, you can always go back into Titanium Backup and un-Freeze aka "Defrost" the app.

And like someone else mentioned, definitely just do a full backup of your apps/data using Titanium.

I think you can only do that in the paid version of Titanium. In the free version you can only do backups and delete. Though you could back them all up with a batch operation then delete what you don't want. If it turns out you need it just reinstall from your backed up list.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(862866)

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you can only do that in the paid version of Titanium. In the free version you can only do backups and delete. Though you could back them all up with a batch operation then delete what you don't want. If it turns out you need it just reinstall from your backed up list.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Yep, good catch - you do need the paid version of Titanium Backup to freeze apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084