Team Venom ROM

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Aroma is a touch interface installer. It allows devs to give us tons of options on the install of the Rom. So things like what home screen do you want, what apps do you want installed, and can also be set up to detect firmware versions and install patches to fi. Its quite the tool, and the best part, you just flash the Rom like normal, and aroma starts up and does its thing.

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw this yesterday but was too busy playing with my new toy (Nexus 7) to pop this on. So the ever important question - how's battery life? (comparatively speaking)

SirKnightDavid

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This sounds outstanding! I'm going to flash it tonight.

Edit 4:00pm: Slow day at work so I went ahead and flashed it already. Painless install. Restoring my apps from Titanium now and will probably be tweaking for the rest of the afternoon. :)

Edit 4:23pm: Ugh, restoring apps + system data from Titanium must have been a mistake. After rebooting following the restore, I got a constantly repeating FC on com.android.phone and eventually the phone would crash completely and reboot.

Started from scratch and notice this time on the way through flashing the ROM that Aroma detected S-Off. ??? I was S-on before, and it correctly identified as S-On during the 1st flashing. Did some part of all of this give me S-Off?

Rebooting now after flashing for the 2nd time... will add to this later.

Edit 4:41pm: ah, found this in the Q&A over on xda...
Q: Aroma said I am S-OFF even though I have S-ON
A: This means that the correct boot image was already installed. This is likely due to the fact you are re-flashing the rom or whatever rom you are coming from had the same ramdisk.

Restoring my apps from Titanium now, but NOT system data...

Edit 4:54pm: Yep, Titanium restore without system data was the key. Got all my apps back now and playing with the (tons of) tweaks. This is an awesome ROM.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry coulda saved you some pain by telling you not to restore system data, but hey ya learned something right? Unless you are going to a different version of the same ROM, just don't do it

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Too late. Guess I'll be the test case for restoring with data. So far 2+ hours after flashing and restoring no ill effects. If something major comes up I'll report it back here.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well a day in on 1.0.2 and so far I must say I am very impressed. This rom has out of the box more options and more polish on the dev side than any rom I have ever seen. It's is obvious how much work that they put into it. It really puts the other sense 4 roms to shame in terms of smoothness and options.

If they keep tweaking and polishing this rom it will be THE ROM on the rezound. I have used cleanrom pro forever and thought I would never find anything that was worth changing to, this one is it unless I change my mind.

I will flash 1.0.3 and let you know how it goes

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

ratpackid

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Newts oneXXX rom to this one and it seems a little better. There is not as much lag with this one and I have not had any problems yet where my screen would not come back on and I had to pull the battery. Both rom's are great, but this is the best sense 4 rom I have personally used.

My Verizon also works with this rom. I never could get it to work on the oneXXX rom

Last edited:

SirKnightDavid

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Dunno if there's a bug, or something just wasn't set up right, or if I was just REALLY tired... but after putting this ROM on yesterday my alarm clock didn't wake me up this morning and I got to work 1.5 hours late. Oh well, that's what personal time is for, but it's never failed to wake me before and I'm still not sure why it didn't.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well been on it for a couple of days and it really is a piece of work. Ui rivals the smoothness of clean rom on sense 3.6, but you get all the nice animations of sense 4. There have been a couple of little things like the wifi notification thing that I had to find a fix for in the thread, but for the most part it has been bug free. O and if anyone knows how to get recent apps back in the notification area please let me know. I am not seeing the option right now.

The only thing that is a little concerning is my battery life has dropped off a bit. We will see if it continues after a few more battery cycles.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
general concensus is this a good rom?

hows the battery life working out?

It's an awesome ROM. If you're even thinking of flashing something this has got to be it!

Also, after a couple days I've had ZERO issues with this ROM and that includes restoring apps with data.