anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Two things I would be remiss if I didnt mention.

The first is that you can get TEAM VENOM OTA updates. Not VZW, but updates to the ROM itself.

There was a GPS issue that is resolved as well as a few minor bugs. If you install this ROM, do the OTA right away.

The other is that you can theme EVERYTHING yourself if you want. You want all your drawer icons to be pink with purple polka dots? Make the icons and use the Venom theme kitch to do it.

Have fun

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is this what charmander was?

For the ota thing where is the option?

Does it make any difference that I am on .5 leak instead of .10

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly Charmander at all. I rant the "beta" of charmander but this is hugely better. Tons of options.

You do the OTA the same way you would do an OTA from verizon. (about phone-->software updates) They removed the VZW OTA stuff and replaced it with their own.

Nope doesnt matter what you were on. It has aroma installer so it will fix you up from anywhere

Reactions: NoYankees44

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly Charmander at all. I rant the "beta" of charmander but this is hugely better. Tons of options.

You do the OTA the same way you would do an OTA from verizon. (about phone-->software updates) They removed the VZW OTA stuff and replaced it with their own.

Nope doesnt matter what you were on. It has aroma installer so it will fix you up from anywhere

Thank you.

I hope they got rid of the lag. Ever sense 4 rom I have tried has lagged opening the app draw and other places. I will definitely try later it I have time

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
define lag? I never noticed it in either ROM

Studder in frame rate when quickly changing home screens. App draw animation jumpy when it comes up at all. Messaging jumpy. Navigating anywhere in the menus shuddering. The was with Venasaur, xxx, and rezrom. Xxx was the best however

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Studder in frame rate when quickly changing home screens. App draw animation jumpy when it comes up at all. Messaging jumpy. Navigating anywhere in the menus shuddering. The was with Venasaur, xxx, and rezrom. Xxx was the best however

Venasaur maybe, but not so much it bothered me.

Maybe try this and see what happens. Flash ROM, install APEX, set transition displays (there are two) to 0 MS. That is what I do...

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Venasaur maybe, but not so much it bothered me.

Maybe try this and see what happens. Flash ROM, install APEX, set transition displays (there are two) to 0 MS. That is what I do...

Idk maybe I'm crazy or my phone is. I use cleanrom pro instead of dev because the home screen animation is copy on apex. Like when you slide across it stops and then transitions. That drives me crazy lol. Sense 3.6 launcher on pro has been the smoothest I have ever used

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time saying that this rom is not the best rom I've ever used. Really, what does CM10 got on this? Maybe AOKP, but I've never used either one. Looks like Team Bamf (Venom) were really the guys to get phones to. Even the stupid Aroma installer is fantastic.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you havent flashed this yet, hold off. There was a few bugs that needed taken care of that will require a full wipe and not just an OTA. wait until you see version 1.0.3 or higher

Whoops! Flashed it last night and did the ota to 1.0.2. So far its been very slick. Very responsive and who doesn't like tweaks galore? I must say this ROM is setting a benchmark for fluid speed in the UI category. Can't wai to see what the bugs are that got fixed lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ViperRez 1.0.3

Fixed Wipe Dalvik Cache in Tweaks

Added GPS Reticle remover to aroma

Added Desenser to Aroma

Fixed MMS

Dug into camera app [disabled video pics and enabled some extra features of ffc like 720p etc]

Made SystemUI.apk Dual core friendly

Everything in 1.0.2

Set default temperature scale to Fahrenheit

Probably more....just huge rom and small bug clean up

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary