Bought used Rezound w/ leaked ICS, but want OTA updates now

pdx_nate

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought a used Rezound last spring. At the point I got it, I had heard that ICS was coming to this phone on an over the air update. When I picked it up the guy who sold it said it had ICS on it and fastboot. I hadn't heard of fastboot, and I figured the OTA update had come through from Verizon. It seemed to be working fine at the time and I wasn't too worried about it.

Now I'm stuck on whatever leak he had, and would like to be able to update it.

I tried factory reset through the settings. Next I saw info on how to reboot into HBOOT, which I did, and tried resetting through there. Still no luck my phone does not find updates.

Here are some details.

Android verion 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6
Software Number 3.11.605.22 710RD

Let me know if I'm missing any helpful details. I'd really appreciate instruction on how to get this back to stock, then have the ability to get OTA updates. I rooted a Samsung phone through instructions I found here and tried some custom roms. I'd really like to see how well this Rezound works with the ICS version released for it, not the old leak that mine has on it. Somehow the info about how to do things with this phone just seems to make less sense so far.

Thanks!

pdx_nate

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm fooled again. I thought I heard there was an official update a few weeks back, but I guess it didn't happen again.

Sorry!

I'll try to find the most up to date ICS leak, as I'm guessing mine is outdated.

Suggestions for what to use are appreciated.

pdx_nate

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I used the info on "[How-To] Flash a leaked RUU
[How-To] Flash a leaked RUU" thread to get what I believe is a later leak, now I'm on 3.14.605.10. Nice to be more up to date -- from what I read I was on one of the earliest ones.

I may stick with this if it works well or may look into the steps to go to a custom rom if I get the time.

Though I don't post much, I appreciate all that others have.

Thanks!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm fooled again. I thought I heard there was an official update a few weeks back, but I guess it didn't happen again.

Sorry!

I'll try to find the most up to date ICS leak, as I'm guessing mine is outdated.

Suggestions for what to use are appreciated.

.22 is the latest leak I believe.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech