Questions before I root

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm not used to htc phones I have had the mostly samsung and the galaxy nexus and rooting them was easy and I could go back to stock no problem.

So if I Unlock my bootloader and get S-off is there a way to go back and get S-on? If there isn't a way to go back does that mean I will not get any other ota ? I want to install a rom with sense 4 but if it's buggy I want to be able to go back to stock if I want. So please help thank you.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you plan on going all out S-Off, I'd think you wouldn't worry about an OTA. Honestly if going back to stock(ICS) at this point you really shouldn't need S-Off unless you're planning on flashing a ROM every 2 seconds.

To answer your question though, from S-Off you can fake S-On, or go back to full S-on. Some of the directions are kind of hairy. But it can be done.

Reactions: trigun123478

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If you plan on going all out S-Off, I'd think you wouldn't worry about an OTA. Honestly if going back to stock(ICS) at this point you really shouldn't need S-Off unless you're planning on flashing a ROM every 2 seconds.

To answer your question though, from S-Off you can fake S-On, or go back to full S-on. Some of the directions are kind of hairy. But it can be done.

Can you give me those directions to get S-on? I mean I probably wouldn't want to go back but just a safety thing. I basically want to turn this phone into a one x. What are some of the rezounds best roms that aren't out of date? Allright thanks.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
t[HOW TO]get back to s on from juopunutbear s-off - xda-developers

The venom sense 4 rom has the most tweaks, but NilsP's Business sense 4 rom is the most polishes.

I personally recommend s-off, just so everyone is on the same page. There is 4 different ways to be rooted, and it seems like a hassle for the devs. Also s-off makes boot manager run better. Thats an app that lets you dual boot roms.

What's the best method for s off? Also is nilsp's business rom most like stock sense 4? That's what I want stock sense 4. Thanks.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
There is only one way to get s-off, that's with joupuntobear method. I can get you a link later, when i get good signal. As far as stock, it is a themed rom, with tweaks, so its not very stock. Newtoroots sense 4 rom is the closest to stock, but he is not developing right now because of some personal issues. I would still lead you towards NilsP's rom, as it runs the best.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Please help me get back to stock. I don't understand I downloaded the latest ruu of ics for the rezound but when I try to flash it doesn't work. how do i get the stock hboot back how do I get the stock recovery back?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Download the latest .12 leak that's a .zip, rename it to PH98IMG.zip put it on your sd card, then boot to hboot and let it update. It will run for a while, reboot, and run a second time. Check out Mr. Smith's guide to flashing a leaked ruu.

You don't flash the ruu in recovery, it is flashed in hboot with the renamed file. You have to make sure its on your ext sd card, not the internal memory, or it won't work. Also make sure the file is not named PH98IMG.zip.zip, which is easy to do if you rename it in windows.

Ohh, and make sure your phone is locked before you do any of this stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon