Custom hboot?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to flash a custom hboot with s off? It offered to when I went s off, but I was not sure about it, so I didn't. My concern is that the stock hboot says locked, and I am not sure if I would be able to reinstall recovery if I were to need to for some reason because I have read that it will not let me use fast boot commands. I could just unlock it I guess, but one less thing to do if there is a better way...

If I do need it, it would be super awesome for someone to link me to a custom hboot and stock hboot downloads ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
As I remember there were two options at the time (this was a couple months ago now). One was stick with the OG hboot that comes shipped and the other to install Jbear's version. I forget the difference between the two but I do remember that after the S-off process the boot loader will say "locked" even if it is unlocked. You can tell it's unlocked because it will say S-Off, thus indicating you are actually unlocked. Don't go back to HTC Dev and re-unlock cause it puts back the "Tampered" warning.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I know it has to do with fast boot commands, but I don't know what the limitations are. As long as I can flash recoveries, I don't really care unless there is something I am missing

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It is all about fastboot. You can flash whatever you want. Even if you put a custom recovery on, if you ruu, it changes it to a stock hboot. The joupuntbear website has all the hboots I thought.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It is all about fastboot. You can flash whatever you want. Even if you put a custom recovery on, if you ruu, it changes it to a stock hboot. The joupuntbear website has all the hboots I thought.

Are there any notable limitations to stock hboot? If I flash custom and run an ruu to get stock back, will it still be "locked"?

I'm sure they are, I just was reading stuff to day at work that made me post this thread and have not had time to look into it too much.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I ran the 10 leak when it came out and have had the stick hboot since, and so far don't have any problems. I flash a rom a week, and just got boot manager up and running, so as my experience goes, I can't see any limitations for a non-dev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000