A story and question about a Software Upgrade Nightmare

dnvm

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have spent the past three days trying to update the software on my phone. It all came about because of Verizon Wireless. I started getting those messages wanting me to run the Verizon Firmware update. I tried to defer them and I could not find a way to stop them. Then they started causing issues on my phone like turning off my 4G. So I decided to upgrade all on my own (my first mistake) and that is when the Android Gods decided to have some fun with me. When I hit a brick wall I created a thread asking for help but I made the mistake of posting it in the general Rezound forum. So I will not get into the whole story of what happened, that can be read on one of the posts below:

Short Version: With help from Tachi91 on XDA I am up and running at 98%.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/202432-serious-help-required.html#post2094894
and/or:
Serious Help Required - xda-developers

What I need help with now is when I try to now update to 4.03-605.2 (I am at 4.03-605.1) the update gets stuck when it is applying the system image. It goes through the first three steps then it gets to system it unzips it, and then applies it. Then it starts a never ending loop of unzipping and applying that system image.

How do I get update to work? I should mention the file is from Android Police and I have download from five different mirror severs. All of the files get stuck at the same place.
Notes:
HBOOT: 2.27.0000
S-ON
Date: Aug 6 2012
Recovery: recovery-ra-vigor-3.15-gnm.img

Thank you for your help.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you flashing in recovery? You have to flash it in hboot by renaming it. You also have to be locked

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

dnvm

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, when I go to flash the upgrade I:
1) Lock the phone
2) Rename file to PH98IMG.zip
3) Place the file on my SD card
4) Boot into HBOOT
It loads the file, then inspects the file, the it lists all of the images, press volume up, and then it starts to unzip and load each image. When it gets to #4 System and it unzips the image, then it loads (applies) the image, and then it starts all over again.
Maybe I need to completely format everything in the phone and try this file as the very first install versus an update from version .1.
When I started this drive to upgrade I was able to upgrade to .2 directly from my old OS but there were permission issues so I tried to go back to my stock OS by restoring my Nandroid backup. Since then I have been loosing brain cells trying to get a working phone.

Thank you for the help!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So, if your on the .1 leak, your firmware should be upgraded, so I think you should be able to just flash a stock rooted rom, and your golden. Try this one, HERE. From what I can tell, the firmware is the same between the two, so you should not really need the ruu to upgrade? Someone else may want to chime in on that. By flashing a rooted rom (in recovery, not hboot) you would have the newest software, plus it would already be rooted and ready to go for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles