Stuck on waiting for device after fastboot command

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
hey Guys!

i'm trying to root my phone (ASUS Zenfone5) using zenslaves, when i start a script by application the gadget restart but always stop in bootloader
showing the message: "fastboot waiting CMD" and on aplication <waiting for device>
as you will see adb looks like working fine, but fastboot... i don't know what i can do!
View attachment 217037
some ideia?

i'm using ubuntu 15.10
i have installed:
adb drivers (working ) ,
USB2 and USB3 ports (working 2),
fastboot (first doubt) and
SDK
Perhaps asking in the Asus Zenfone 5 forums here or on XDA would be beneficial to you then. No offense, but the HTC Rezound forum your in likely won't yield a relevant answer.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
hey everybody :D i just found the solution for the topic.
1. install the flashtool
2. after install the flashtool, open cmd in administrator then type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and then restart your pc
3. after pc your restart install the flashtool driver at "C:\Flashtool\drivers\Flashtool-drivers.exe" and select "flashtool driver & fastboot driver"
NOTED : when the installation process there will popup window warning just Click "install the software anyway"
4. after complete the installation, open the cmd in administrator again and type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" and don't forget to restart again your pc.
6. after restart your pc open the command promt at fastboot folder then type "fastboot devices" and you will see the list of devices in fastboot.
If not, you missing some steps. gudluck. I already done flashing my Xperia Z 4.4.2( Kitkat ) to 5.0 ( Lolipop ) :D
I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get the flashtool? Is it called "flashtool" or does it go by another name?

I've been having an issue with unlocking the bootloader for the htc rezound. I get stuck at "waiting for any device" part after typing "fastboot oem get_identifier_token". I'm using a laptop with vista premium (it's an old laptop from 2008). I've also tried on my desktop with win 8.1 pro and I get the same issue.

Anyone have a solution to this issue?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get the flashtool? Is it called "flashtool" or does it go by another name?

I've been having an issue with unlocking the bootloader for the htc rezound. I get stuck at "waiting for any device" part after typing "fastboot oem get_identifier_token". I'm using a laptop with vista premium (it's an old laptop from 2008). I've also tried on my desktop with win 8.1 pro and I get the same issue.

Anyone have a solution to this issue?
I don't know what "flashtool" is but it isn't needed... Make sure you have ADB and fastboot installed, either from the full Android Development Kit or search for a current release of Minimal ADB & Fastboot (April 2016 on XDA is the current release I am aware of). And make sure you have the correct drivers installed by verifying HTC Sync works, then uninstall it (the drivers stay).

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what "flashtool" is but it isn't needed... Make sure you have ADB and fastboot installed, either from the full Android Development Kit or search for a current release of Minimal ADB & Fastboot (April 2016 on XDA is the current release I am aware of). And make sure you have the correct drivers installed by verifying HTC Sync works, then uninstall it (the drivers stay).
I think the problem may be that the htc driver isn't being recognized by both my vista premium laptop and win 8.1 pro desktop.

On my laptop, in device manager it says "Android USB Devices" and under that it says "My HTC" with a triangle and an exclamation point on the icon. When I click on the properties for that, it says under device status:

"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for the hardware (Code 37)

Click check for solutions to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution"

On the desktop, it says in device manager "other devices" and under that it says "Android Phone" with a yellow symbol with an exclamation mark inside it. In the properties under device status it says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I tried manually locating a driver and it didn't work. I tried installing htc sync and it didn't work either. I tried a different htc driver (version 3.0.0.007) and that didn't work either.

The phone does work to view/edit the internal storage and sdcard on the laptop and maybe the pc too.

Any idea what the issue might be?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem may be that the htc driver isn't being recognized by both my vista premium laptop and win 8.1 pro desktop.

On my laptop, in device manager it says "Android USB Devices" and under that it says "My HTC" with a triangle and an exclamation point on the icon. When I click on the properties for that, it says under device status:

"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for the hardware (Code 37)

Click check for solutions to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution"

On the desktop, it says in device manager "other devices" and under that it says "Android Phone" with a yellow symbol with an exclamation mark inside it. In the properties under device status it says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I tried manually locating a driver and it didn't work. I tried installing htc sync and it didn't work either. I tried a different htc driver (version 3.0.0.007) and that didn't work either.

The phone does work to view/edit the internal storage and sdcard on the laptop and maybe the pc too.

Any idea what the issue might be?
I haven't owned one of a long time... But are you familiar with Linux? No drivers are needed, just install fastboot/adb and plug it in and go.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't owned one of a long time... But are you familiar with Linux? No drivers are needed, just install fastboot/adb and plug it in and go.
I've used Ubuntu a little bit and tried to use a demo version or some version of it on my laptop from a DVD disc, but that version was slow or was hanging at times.

If I install Ubuntu on my laptop, you think it will work?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used Ubuntu a little bit and tried to use a demo version or some version of it on my laptop from a DVD disc, but that version was slow or was hanging at times.

If I install Ubuntu on my laptop, you think it will work?
I think it's more likely than trying to fix the driver issues, at least for me to help you fix it... I haven't used Windows as my primary OS in a very long time and I don't own the device anymore. Modern Linux kernels don't use external drivers for Android devices, it supports them natively, so it eliminates that from the equation.

Not really a direct answer I'm afraid.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more likely than trying to fix the driver issues, at least for me to help you fix it... I haven't used Windows as my primary OS in a very long time and I don't own the device anymore. Modern Linux kernels don't use external drivers for Android devices, it supports them natively, so it eliminates that from the equation.

Not really a direct answer I'm afraid.
I tries messing around with loading Ubuntu on a DVD on my desktop and it won't recognize my htc rezound phone while in the fastboot menu. It recognizes it to check the files on the phone when the rezound is loaded up to the OS, but not in the fastboot menu after I shut off the phone and started it up again while pressing the power and volume down buttons in some fashion.

I tried running the fastboot command in the terminal, but it pretty much does the same thing as the issue I've had where it says "waiting for device".

Do you know what the issue is?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I tries messing around with loading Ubuntu on a DVD on my desktop and it won't recognize my htc rezound phone while in the fastboot menu. It recognizes it to check the files on the phone when the rezound is loaded up to the OS, but not in the fastboot menu after I shut off the phone and started it up again while pressing the power and volume down buttons in some fashion.

I tried running the fastboot command in the terminal, but it pretty much does the same thing as the issue I've had where it says "waiting for device".

Do you know what the issue is?
I prefer the USB stick, you can install software that isn't included in the distro, like fastboot and adb, from the command line easily.

But to your question... when you boot into Hboot, you are starting fastboot, correct? You highlight Fastboot with the volume key, press Power to select it, then in reversed red letters it should say FASTBOOT USB about a quarter of the way down from the top of the screen, then you can issue fastboot commands. Try `fastboot devices` to see if the device is recognized.

Note that in Linux, you may need to preface the command with sudo, so it would look like `sudo fastboot devices`

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the USB stick, you can install software that isn't included in the distro, like fastboot and adb, from the command line easily.

But to your question... when you boot into Hboot, you are starting fastboot, correct? You highlight Fastboot with the volume key, press Power to select it, then in reversed red letters it should say FASTBOOT USB about a quarter of the way down from the top of the screen, then you can issue fastboot commands. Try `fastboot devices` to see if the device is recognized.

Note that in Linux, you may need to preface the command with sudo, so it would look like `sudo fastboot devices`
I may try the usb way, but I simply hit the try Ubuntu button when I loaded up the DVD after starting the pc.

I tried the fastboot command after I went into the fastboot usb mode.

I'll try the fastboot devices later and report back. Thanks.

I'm thinking the phone isn't being recognized by Ubuntu after I booted into the hboot and fastboot screens.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I may try the usb way, but I simply hit the try Ubuntu button when I loaded up the DVD after starting the pc.

I tried the fastboot command after I went into the fastboot usb mode.

I'll try the fastboot devices later and report back. Thanks.

I'm thinking the phone isn't being recognized by Ubuntu after I booted into the hboot and fastboot screens.
There is nothing special you need to do to get Ubuntu, or any other Linux distro, to recognize an Android device. Try a different cable... and make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 port and not a 3.0/3.1 port, or any other standard troubleshooting technique. It could be a bad phone, but that would be a very rare case.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing special you need to do to get Ubuntu, or any other Linux distro, to recognize an Android device. Try a different cable... and make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 port and not a 3.0/3.1 port, or any other standard troubleshooting technique. It could be a bad phone, but that would be a very rare case.
If the cable is the issue, how come I'm able to access the phones internal storage on both my computers? I think my computers aren't recognizing the htc rezound drivers for some reason as it shows an exclamation mark symbol on the driver when viewing the device manager.

Hank Johnson9393

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys, don't know if you've fixed it, but I was stuck on the same issue. Haven't read the whole thread because I've found out on my own. I thought it was my USB Port on my computer but it turned out it wasn't.

As for the ones that use ubuntu, here's the solution. Instead of just typing :~/Downloads/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.img
< waiting for device >

TYPE: sudo ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.img

ajb_htc

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have the waiting for device issue. I had used the link to an older TWRP in a guide to flashing. Once I downloaded and flashed the latest version of TWRP from the TRWP site I was able to then apply the ROM.

Thanks

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been messing with this for the last several hours. KreemN, your suggestions at least allowed me to move forward a little. While in recovery, the adb reboot-boatloader command rebooted the phone into the bootloader. But, the Fastboot devices command still doesn't do anything. Nor do any of the fastboot commands: they only yield the report, Waiting for Device.

Any more ideas? So frustrating. I do appreciate the suggestion you made.

I'm also stuck here, any solutions yet?

xhellobitx

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
i have the issue, i use win 10, have all the drivers installed
the problem come out when i succsess get in into fastboot mode (csc mode) by using the command adb reboot bootloader

after in csc mode i type fastboot flah recovery twrp.img
and that us the problem come out
<waiting for any device>

i already trying to restart my pc, change usb port but still have the same problem.

my devices is zenfone max zc550kl, hoping someone helped me out. thanks

cody simmons2

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out the bootloader for the lg smartphone is outdated to today's latest is ports on the computers it needs a 2.0 port computers today are made with a 3.0 port. 😕

Deneasta

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I did the following and it sorted the issue. Install all the regular stuff that you need to run adb and fastboot.
1. adb reboot-bootloader : This will boot our device into boot loader.
2. fastboot devices: Now you can see the devices.
3. fastboot oem get_identifier_token : to get your token and use the instructions as in htcdev website.
4. fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

This should unlock the phone. Worked for HT One X