Proximity Sensor issues? Screen turning on or off when it shouldn't? Try this!

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Some folks seem to have issues with their proximity sensor..thinking it's not working correctly or broken..especially with regards to the screen turning off and on while in a call and holding the phone near or away from your face. It turns out in most cases it's a simple calibration issue, especially as the sensor ages or if one runs a custom ROM.

Before you go cry to VZW..may I suggest this:

The almighty Chad over at XDA posted this neat little proximity sensor calibrator app here:
[APP] Proximity Sensor Calibrator - xda-developers
Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dicontrol.ProxSensorCalibrator&token=gszslyqk

Be sure to thank Chad for his work!

ANDRORAVI

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
This application is not compatible with Micromax A73 mobile phone, will you plz suggest alternative sollution. I am also facing the same problem with Micromax a73 that, screen display will be OFF if no. dialled & won't come back till call ends.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This application is not compatible with Micromax A73 mobile phone, will you plz suggest alternative sollution. I am also facing the same problem with Micromax a73 that, screen display will be OFF if no. dialled & won't come back till call ends.

I cant speak for others here but I have no experience with this phone (in fact I had to google it) so I'm afraid I can't really do much. You might try finding a forum for your particular make and model. Seems your phone is on gingerbread (2.3). I think this app was for phones on 4.0.

Also you have to be rooted.

Last edited:

Walter Rogoff

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem that sounds like this, but also my screen will split horizontally, with all the characters scrunched up, and the screen flashing on and off. This is my second Rezound replacement, and I have tried 3 hard resets, which help for a while only. My previous phone was the first Incredible, which had reception issues. HTC, thumbs down!

jay65

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i got solution for proximity sensor issue in Micromax a73.
for this you need to root your phone first.
2.After rooting go for es file manager.
3. In this file manager select root exploration enable.
4.Than select this path device/sys/devices/platform/alps/driver.
5.There you find 2file named thdlow & thdhigh .
6. Open those files with text editor and u see that both have same value=300.
7. So u just need to change these value as write 1023in thdhigh and in thdlow 599 and save it. finally open properties of both file and change permission to read only. Thats all. Now close it and enjoy calls with light on.
thanks for reading.

jay65

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

i got solution for proximity sensor issue in Micromax a73.
for this you need to root your phone first.
2.After rooting go for es file manager.
3. In this file manager select root exploration enable.
4.Than select this path device/sys/devices/platform/alps/driver.
5.There you find 2file named thdlow & thdhigh .
6. Open those files with text editor and u see that both have same value=300.
7. So u just need to change these value as write 1023in thdhigh and in thdlow 599 and save it. finally open properties of both file and change permission to read only. Thats all. Now close it and enjoy calls with light on.
thanks for reading.