1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Default Go NilsP or go home.

Well, not really, but for sure, his Sense 4 rom.... man is it polished. Not the crazy customizations that Venom has, but has Venom crushed in the "finished" dept. He mods a few things like the the battery and wifi indicators, but you won't know what happened to your phone after you flash it. I mean, it even applies a nice film of butter all the time to make the screen slide smoother under my fingers... it's that good.

He does have some tweaks, don't get me wrong, but he has the Cadillac of roms here.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Go NilsP or go home.

Is Nils actually using Butter from JB or are you just saying that it's that smooth!
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Well, not really, but for sure, his Sense 4 rom.... man is it polished. Not the crazy customizations that Venom has, but has Venom crushed in the "finished" dept. He mods a few things like the the battery and wifi indicators, but you won't know what happened to your phone after you flash it. I mean, it even applies a nice film of butter all the time to make the screen slide smoother under my fingers... it's that good.

He does have some tweaks, don't get me wrong, but he has the Cadillac of roms here.
    Been a big fan and user of Nils' work since the Business Gingersense days on the Inc. Great dev and really solid ROMs with excellent dev support! Haven't been on anything but the Venom ROM since August...time to get off my a$$ and get a flashing again....downloading now!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Also which Nils as I don't think all Roms are created equal.. Have you all noticed a slew of new Roms and Devs? I just wish a few of them would consolidate and just make 3-4 super roms... I mean Neo has like 10 roms now... he hasn't updated half of them in a while. Joelz has like 1 but his time has been greatly affected by school so Venom has suffered. Newt now has a Sense 4.5 rom out even... to many roms not enough time!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Is Nils actually using Butter from JB or are you just saying that it's that smooth!
    No, its just that smooth, feels like screen is getting oiled!
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    No, its just that smooth, feels like screen is getting oiled!
    Dammit..that's one of the few roms I haven't tried yet..now you're gonna make me give it a whirl..I was on Nils' Sense 3.6 rom for the longest time and loved it. He's an awesome dev for sure. Though I finally put Neo's Rage 1.3 on my device last night..this stuff is smooth and even though the rom hasn't had time to settle I'm getting pretty epic battery life. He just released 1.4 already tho so now will have to stare at the AmonRa menu again for a few min hehe
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I just wish they would all start doing OTA's hell if they need server space i might be able to find that...

Can anyone tell me how to get the miui bar to work. Actually I can't get any of the status bar tweaks to work
    Thanks

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sbb888 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to get the miui bar to work. Actually I can't get any of the status bar tweaks to work
    Thanks
    Hmmm. I don't think I did anything special to get it to work. Just set it up in the tweaks menu then it asked me if I wanted to reboot the status bar and I said "yes" and they worked. Have you done a total system reboot since you assigned the various tweaks?
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

where do you do these tweaks?....
    Answer?>>>In Aroma Installer?..is it this note?
    Code:
    NOTE: If you choose not to install an app or mod at initial installation you can always go back and install it without reinstalling the ROM. 
    However, if you included it and want to remove it you must flash the ROM and not select the option you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Hmmm. I don't think I did anything special to get it to work. Just set it up in the tweaks menu then it asked me if I wanted to reboot the status bar and I said "yes" and they worked. Have you done a total system reboot since you assigned the various tweaks?
    Yes I did a reboot but it did not ask me. When I flashed the rom, I skipped the setup. I wonder if there was something in there that I should have done or missed. I can select the bar and change the color but it will not apply. By the way how did you like this compared to venom
    Thanked by:
    jdfrye 

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrye1966 View Post
    where do you do these tweaks?....
    Answer?>>>In Aroma Installer?..is it this note?
    Code:
    NOTE: If you choose not to install an app or mod at initial installation you can always go back and install it without reinstalling the ROM. 
    However, if you included it and want to remove it you must flash the ROM and not select the option you don't want.
    You will see a sense tweaks icon after you install the rom

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

You will see a sense tweaks icon after you install the rom
    Ahh yeah .I see it now in the app drawer

ROM
    Viper

Ok so been on the this ROM for a few days.

Overall it is extremely stable and the ui is smoother than venom. I keep having random bugs though. For instance my message notifications on lock screen will disappear without me doing anything as soon as I wake the phone. It is annoying the heck out of me.

I don't know if I will try a re flash or if I will jump to CM9 or back to venom...

I really like the CM9 roms, but I find myself wanting to replace every part of it except the launcher. The stock messaging app is horrible lol. If anyone recommends a replacement messaging app let me know.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Thanks
    Ok after reading on the other site I got it figured it out. Had to go back to v2.6 and use "no tabs" when setting up phone. I don't think this option was available in v2.8. I really wanted venom to work out on my phone but this rom works better. I can't believe how much NilsP responds to everyone on this great rom to make it even better.
    Thanks Twolastnames for pointing out this great rom

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

noticed something on this sence 4 rom ..the "add a home panel" screen (which you get to by double pushing the home button) when you try to select a panel sometimes it doesnt responed to well on my device.
    Last edited by jdfrye1966; 10-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Nils has a great rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've flashed and reflashed the ROM and don't have the sense tweaks icon. Thoughts?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanicstrad37 View Post
    I've flashed and reflashed the ROM and don't have the sense tweaks icon. Thoughts?
    Its not in the app drawer, just in case that is where your looking for it. Pull down the notification window, then go to the toggles tab. Should see a business tweaks option on top. In there is where the sense tweaks, plus a few more tweaks are at.

If you knew this already, i apologize in advance, could be a bad download? Maybe something in the aroma installer your not installing?

Only things in the notification drop down are the quick settings from sense it seems.