1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stick with the Rezound?

I'm eligible for an upgrade next month. Although the Galaxy S3 and Razr HDs are available, I'm not sure if they are so much better than what the Rezound provides. Bigger screens, yes. Better screens, not necessarily. Battery life is certainly better on the Razr HD/Maxx HD. I may ride with the Rezound until something really awesome becomes available.

Just wanted to know what you think...

I meant for this to post in the general topics, sorry
    Last edited by csl810; 10-25-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Stick with the Rezound?

I won't speak to the Maxx, i know others here can do that for you.

Everyone here knows that I loved my Rez and still am on the lookout for a bargain just to have it.

That being said, the battery life on the SGS3 is really great. The screen is a slight downgrade but not so much that it is a big deal. The cameras are the same. Here is where things really go the SGS3's way.

The speed and the bells and whistles are really great on the SGS as compared to the Rez. It is really that much faster. If you are into flashing, you will find plenty of good ROMs for both so no loss there.

If you hate the Rez and need to move on. You can do a whole lot worse than the SGS3, it is a fantastic phone.

If you have no real issues with the Rez and can hang on for a bit, I would. I would wait and see what the DLX (DNA) from HTC brings next month. I am actually kinda pissed that it looks like Sprint isnt going to get that one (I am switching carriers and was hoping that was my "upgrade" from the SGS3.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I agree with Piizadude whole heartedly. I love my SGS3. However with the Note2 coming next month I know I'm switching phones yet again(it will be my 4th phone this year). You may also want to keep in mind that there's always something "more awesome" than what you have. I'm a tinkerer and these are my toys...so I get new toys ever few months. If you're happy where you are, stick with it until something really wows you. Wait for them compel you to upgrade with the phone/features rather than doing it out of malaise for the device you have.

Just my $0.02
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by csl810 View Post
    I'm eligible for an upgrade next month. Although the Galaxy S3 and Razr HDs are available, I'm not sure if they are so much better than what the Rezound provides. Bigger screens, yes. Better screens, not necessarily. Battery life is certainly better on the Razr HD/Maxx HD. I may ride with the Rezound until something really awesome becomes available.

Just wanted to know what you think...

I meant for this to post in the general topics, sorry
    I'd stick with the Rezound until the DLX or DNA or whatever they're gonna call it hits.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I'm actually 1 year away from an upgrade but I'm waiting for a Rezound 2 type device. SGIII has some great features that i'd like but I haven't felt the I must have it. The Note 2 is/was a thought as i do like to read BUT I now have my wifes kindle touch as I got her the Fire HD. She actually wants it and I will have time to look at it before I have to think about it. Then there is the DLX or DNA or whatever it's called. Slightly smaller from a brand I'm familier with maybe the DNA can be the Rezound 2.. It'll truely depend on what that screen is.. SLCD 2 or 3 If the Butterfly was the same one that Verizon was getting I think the Note 2 would be beat but since we all know verizon doesn't play well with others it'll most likly be slightly lower BUT since it seems to have the Droid name it might finally get the respect is deserves with advertising.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

If my upgrade was up, I would def look at the note 2. I've been longing for something else. I am on my 4th rezound, and like it, but would like a bigger screen for movies. Honestly I really like the 4:3 ratio of the LG Intuition. It has only been out a month, and is already outdated though. I have another year on my contract though, there is no way Im paying $700 for a phone.

Also black friday is coming up next month, I'd wait and see what kinda deals will be out and about. Remember the Rezound was only $50
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

The DLX is a five inch screen if i remember right, I think it is a decent compromise between the 4.3 Rez and the 5.5 Note 2. I really do see it as the successor to the Rez, and if I remember right, even the model numbers jive. The rez is like 4325 and the DLX is 4335 (I know those arent the right numbers but the concept is there)

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Design wise alone they look extremely similar (save the 3 vs 4 capacitive buttons but we knew that was coming)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2