I need some help from the gurus

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
ive been running counter shrike aosp for 2 weeks with no major problems. i rebooted my phone last night like i do every night. it went to htc screen then black and nothing happened. pulled battery and tried again...same. went to hboot and tried to go to recovery...nothing. any suggestions? if my phone is bricked then what is the best way to get a new one from verizon (i got insurance).

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I would try to run an ruu. If it runs, it should fix anything that is wrong.

Are you soff or just unlocked? If you are soff, you will just be able to run the ruu. If you are unlocked, you will have to relock and then run it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
was unlocked and rooted. s-on. i relocked an am now downloading the latest ruu. i hope it works. any idea why this would happen all the sudden? makes no sense to me.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
was unlocked and rooted. s-on. i relocked an am now downloading the latest ruu. i hope it works. any idea why this would happen all the sudden? makes no sense to me.

I mean crap can happen with the ROM, but I have no idea why you would not be able to get into recovery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What recovery do you have. If it's clockworkMOD, there is your problem. There is a charging bug in that recovery, I can't remember what the solution is, other than charging your battery some other way than in the phone. If you don't have CWM, not sure what to tell you. XDA may be your only hope, there might be some ADB commands you can run to fix your problems.

With Verizon, just tell em your phone won't turn on. If it really won't, there is nothing really to worry about.

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
i had amon ra. my rez is dead. i tried everything. now i have two options. pay $99 to get another rez through insurance, or get a new device since my account has an upgrade. that htc dna looks pretty awesome. but if i were to upgrade id lose my unlimited data (which i use). i only use as much data not because i need it but because i can. but i at least need 4gbs (the 2gb plan i fear isnt enough for my wife and i) and that would make my bill go up.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i had amon ra. my rez is dead. i tried everything. now i have two options. pay $99 to get another rez through insurance, or get a new device since my account has an upgrade. that htc dna looks pretty awesome. but if i were to upgrade id lose my unlimited data (which i use). i only use as much data not because i need it but because i can. but i at least need 4gbs (the 2gb plan i fear isnt enough for my wife and i) and that would make my bill go up.

So no life whatsoever? That sucks man. If you wanted pursue it further, I would go over to xda. It's really odd for one to just die like that. Especially with s on

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
i searched and searched and searched all forums yesterday. i found some people with similar problems, but their issues came right after trying to flash something (mainly recovery). my phone just died for no reason. very strange and frustrating. i got as far as relocking but when i tried to flash the ruu it wouldnt take for some reason. i also managed to break my 32gb sd which didnt help matters lol. i still dont know how that happened. i think it was sticking out just a bit when i tried to remove my battery. i had to use my wifes sd card to try and flash ruu. i found out that thunderbolt battery will work on the rezound. im still torn as to what ill do. i may get rid of verizon all together. i hate them anyways.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i searched and searched and searched all forums yesterday. i found some people with similar problems, but their issues came right after trying to flash something (mainly recovery). my phone just died for no reason. very strange and frustrating. i got as far as relocking but when i tried to flash the ruu it wouldnt take for some reason. i also managed to break my 32gb sd which didnt help matters lol. i still dont know how that happened. i think it was sticking out just a bit when i tried to remove my battery. i had to use my wifes sd card to try and flash ruu. i found out that thunderbolt battery will work on the rezound. im still torn as to what ill do. i may get rid of verizon all together. i hate them anyways.

If you still by chance have warranty, I would get a replacement. If not then it's insurance or other. Feel sorry for ya. Could be hardware failure

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay