- 2 Posts
Unlocked and Rooted
I am trying to S-off my Rezound. In order to do this, I have to have my phone on the stock 3.14.605.5 ICS leak. Everything is telling me that I have to re-lock my phone, but nobody has been saying anything about re-locking a rooted phone. Please tell me that I don't have to completely undo what I have done to my phone, meaning re-lock and un-root it.
- 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM #2
- 1,460 Posts
- HTC One (Verizon) Stock
Re: Unlocked and Rooted
Not unroot, just relock the bootloader. To have the bootloader locked you have to be on the stock recovery...I forget the version numbers. You can be rooted and have stock recovery. Get the stock recovery, relock the bootloader and commence S-off. After you achieve S-off you'll most likely be on jbears (or something like that, I did this all awhile ago so I forget the actual name of it) bootloader. Running that bootloader you'll be able to reflash Amon-Ra and you're essentially back to normal....just newer bootloader (which will say "locked" even though its not) and now S-off.
Good luck."I drank what?" -Socrates
- By 105437 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 22Last Post: 06-30-2012, 01:26 PM
- By llasch in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
- By GeekMcLeod in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
- By clarker07 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
- By skitzandroid in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-2011, 09:34 AM