Question????

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a guide to flashing kernels being rooted and s-off around here,if not can someone help?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean hownto get to that point or what to do after you get there?

Mr. Smith has an excellent guide in the sticky section of this forum. Tells you how to root etc etc.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm rooted and got s-off,running viperrez Rom,wanting to try different kernels.I looked in the Mr.Smith guide,didn't see anything about kernel flashing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ahh. Well typically since you're S-off you just flash the kernel just like a ROM. Download it, put it on the root of your SD card, boot to recovery, wipe cache and Dalvik cache...no need for the full wipe. Flash the .zip and reboot...you're done.

You can also push it as the boot.img via ADB but I'm no good with command prompts so I prefer flashing in recovery.

As always, make a nandroid before you start fooling with kernels and stuff in case you don't like what it does to your phone and of course make sure the kernel is compatible with ICS and Sense.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Also, unrelated note, I've read in two places now that there has been a JB leak for one of the HTC One series!! That means possible ports to the Rezound and hopefully a JB/Sense ROM!!!!! Good times for us rooted and S-off folks!!:D

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Jolez has a pretty good handle on things, try these. There is an experimental and a stable. I ran both and had a lock up issue with the experimental. No issues at all with the stable.

[KERNEL]BAMF Vigor Kernel[3.0.51][Sense/AOSP] - xda-developers

I ran ViperREZ from mid July until yesterday!! That is an eternity for me on one ROM. It's as rock solid as they come and has been my favorite Sense 4based ROM of all time. I only switched ROMs because the JB AOSP's are starting to roll out and I gotta get some if that action!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Were u able to use set CPU app on the stable kernel?

Honestly never tried with either. I kinda gave up on all the CPU stuff when I came over from the Incredible. It never really seemed to do much for me on the Rezound. My battery life is always about the same (hour-hour and a half screen on time leaves me in the low 20's on the battery) and I've never really had any problems with the phone in the performance department...its pretty dang fast as it is!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2