Rezound audio output

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What type of audio output signal (analog or digital) is available on the micro USB jack and how would I interface it to an analog audio input?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
you shuld be able to just take a 3.5mm cable with male leads on both ends and plug them together. If the other end has that

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I know I can use the headphone out jack, but I'd prefer not to take the audio from the headphone jack if possible. I know I can get a specific cable that plugs into the mini usb jack which adapts it to an HDMI connector. That said I assume the audio would be digital and would then need a DAC, right? Are there any specific cables that alow the audio to be brought out to its own conenctor instead of being fed to the HDMI connector or will I have to make one?

Jong Park

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
i got one of those micro-usb to hdmi converter from amazon and with sense 3.5 it worked fine. you just have to make sure its charging the phone or it wont work.

cokeblack

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that, but how would I interface to a DAC for the audio?

Get a DAC that has USB input. then get a micro usb to usb cable and connect the two. DACs with USB inputs get their power from the device theyre connected to. I have successfully tested a Galaxy S3, and Droid DNA. What they have in common though is that they use a Qualcom S400 chipset and running Android 4.0 or higher.

I have used an AudioEngine D1 and have an Fiios e17 on the way. You can try this and return the DAC if it doesn't work.

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. Right now I use a MHL to HDMI cable and an HDMI audio adapter that decodes the audio and sends it out through a 1/8" stereo jack. Will have to try the DAC when I get paid again. Is there a way I can have the phone charging while the DAC is connected?

cokeblack

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. Right now I use a MHL to HDMI cable and an HDMI audio adapter that decodes the audio and sends it out through a 1/8" stereo jack. Will have to try the DAC when I get paid again. Is there a way I can have the phone charging while the DAC is connected?

I would assume its possible with Droid DNA since that has wireless charging. But to my knowledge there is no way to split the usb cable to allow for audio out and charging simultaneously.

It is possible though, to charge and output audio thru usb at the same time. There this a device called the Gear4 speaker dock that does just that. But its a speaker doc and not a dedicated portable DAC.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that I could get a mini USB Y cable with two female ends and one male end then use a micro USB to mini USB cable going to the charger and one going to the phone.

Had I known it was as simple as using a DAC with USB input I could have saved some money, but I did try the MHL on my HDTV and it was nice for playing games. Might have to go the DAC route for using in the car.

I do have a Sony home stereo receiver with a digital input that can handle a max 48 KHz digital signal. Could I interface to that with the phone?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams