- 1 Posts
Moved to Australia - do I need to root?
I just completed my relocation to Australia and have two Rezounds that I'd like to use here. I have had them disconnected by Verizon and have put Optus (local carrier) SIM cards in. I can make calls, send and receive texts, but I'm getting no data connection.
I've read through the guide from Mr Smith, but am still unsure how much of it I need to do to get the data working. The phone is unlocked already, so that shouldn't be required and I'd like to avoid wiping the phone if possible. Any advice would be appreciated, and yes this would be the first time I've done rooting, hacking, etc.
- 02-09-2014, 06:38 PM #2
Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T GoPhone (Personal/Stock KOT49H) / LG G2 on Verizon (Work/Stock)
- 771 Posts
- Nexus 4 (Stock/AT&T)
Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- By rockitdog23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 33Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:54 AM
- By IAMHADE5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:10 PM
- By Manaka Piyadasa in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 5Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:45 PM
- By amarie815 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
- By whjacobs in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 03:27 PM