- 1 Posts
Moved to Australia - do I need to root?
I just completed my relocation to Australia and have two Rezounds that I'd like to use here. I have had them disconnected by Verizon and have put Optus (local carrier) SIM cards in. I can make calls, send and receive texts, but I'm getting no data connection.
I've read through the guide from Mr Smith, but am still unsure how much of it I need to do to get the data working. The phone is unlocked already, so that shouldn't be required and I'd like to avoid wiping the phone if possible. Any advice would be appreciated, and yes this would be the first time I've done rooting, hacking, etc.
- 02-09-2014, 06:38 PM #2
Re: Moved to Australia - do I need to root?
Did you setup the APN information? A quick internet search shows you need to setup 2 APNs (one for MMS and one for Internet)
Technical Settings, SMSC & APNs: Mobile Phone
If the APNs are not setup correctly, you will not get data.
Rooting, or other "hacking", should not be required.Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
- By whjacobs in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM
- By rockitdog23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 33Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:54 AM
- By IAMHADE5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:10 PM
- By Manaka Piyadasa in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 5Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:45 PM
- By amarie815 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM